One pot meal you can make in the Instant Pot in only 11 minutes! The best pasta dish ever!
Most of the pasta dishes we know require a lot of time to prepare ingredients and cook the sauce and the pasta separately.
However, by taking similar ingredients and utilizing our favorite equipment — the Instant Pot — we found that we can make Instant Pot Baked Ziti in only 11 minutes!
So, whenever the craving strikes what you need is simply a bowl of consoling ziti, that we can have right away.
Table of Contents
- What is so special about this Recipe?
- Recipe Video
- What can I add for toppings?
- How to serve?
- What can I use other than Mozzarella Cheese?
- Can I re-heat Instant Pot Baked Ziti?
- What can I use instead of Ricotta?
- Pro Tips
- How to make Instant Pot Baked Ziti?
- Instant Pot delicious pasta one-pot meals
- Instant Pot Baked Ziti
What is so special about this Recipe?
- It takes lesser time than in the oven. Minutes vs an hour!
- No pot of boiling water to deal with.
- The Instant Pot Baked Ziti comes out more saucy and creamy.
- The flavors seem more pronounced.
What can I add for toppings?
You can add crushed potato chips on the top just to have some toppings.
How to serve?
You can serve it as is or add a delicious side dish. Check out What to Serve With Baked Ziti for 20 ideas.
What can I use other than Mozzarella Cheese?
Well, you can opt for your favorite one.
Otherwise, try using cheddar or parmesan cheese.
Can I re-heat Instant Pot Baked Ziti?
Of course, make in a bulk and freeze some for some other time.
It will keep in the cooler for a up to 3 days and it makes extraordinary extras to prepare in your lunch the following day.
What can I use instead of Ricotta?
Substitute ricotta cheese for the cottage cheese, if desired.
You can also make a homemade cheese using this Instant Pot Ricotta recipe.
Add extra mozzarella cheese if you prefer an even cheesier version.
Add red pepper flakes for a spicier version.
How to make Instant Pot Baked Ziti?
Gather all the ingredients first.
Take some Spinach and chop roughly.
Now take garlic cloves, peel them, and crush them.
Lets shred some Cheddar cheese now.
Now take your Instant Pot and add some olive oil.
Add crushed garlic into it.
Set the instant pot to Saute for 5 minutes and stir.
Now add 2 cups of water.
Now we have to add a table spoon of Kosher salt.
Add the chopped Spinach into the Instant Pot.
Add the main ingredient, Pasta Ziti.
Now let's add some Marinara Sauce.
Now cover the lid of your pot.
Set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 6 minutes.
Do a Quick Release and stir.
Add skimmed Ricotta.
Add shredded mozzarella cheese.
Add Pecorino Romano to the pot.
Cover the lid AGAIN for 3-4 minutes until the cheese melts.
Dish out your toothsome Instant Pot Baked Ziti and enjoy 🙂
Instant Pot delicious pasta one-pot meals
Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta
Instant Pot Baked Ziti
- 2 cup baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup water
- ¾ tablespoon kosher salt
- 10 oz ziti pasta
- 2 cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup skim ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano cheese
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- chopped parsley for serving, optional
- Press saute and add olive oil.
- Add garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add water, salt, spinach, pasta and marinara sauce and close the lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and add skim ricotta, Pecorino Romano and mozzarella and stir well.
- Close the lid and wait 4 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Open the lid, garnish with parsley and serve 🙂
Instant Pot Baked Ziti Extravaganza
8 thoughts on “Instant Pot Baked Ziti”
Can you leave out spinach?
This looks delicious and I'm certainly going to make it but the pasta you used is rotini, not ziti Do you think this would fit in the 3 qt mini IP?
Thanks for the recipe! I am brand new to instant pots--this recipe is my first attempt! What recipe do you suggest I look at if I want to add meat to it next time? Thank you
You can follow this same recipe. You can add ground beef or sausage in step 2 with the garlic and complete the recipe as written. Or you can add fully cooked meat at the end.
Can I make this with frozen spinach?
Hmm, yes! I think you could, but you might want to reduce the water by a little bit.
I have a presto pressure cooker that was my mother's. I use it mostly for meats. Can, I use it for the ziti pasta recipe? I've seen the instant pots in stores, but cannot afford one. Thank you, Carolyn
Yes, you can use that! They work similarly.