When you have chicken in your refrigerator then you don't have to worry about what to cook!
This Instant Pot Jerk Chicken recipe is going to make you fall in love with it 🙂
Change the recipe according to your taste, it can be spicy or mild, completely depending on your choice!
We are using the Instant Pot Air Fryer to make this jerk chicken recipe but you can pressure cook it as well.
Table of Contents
Instant Pot Jerk Chicken Recipe Video
What is Jerk Chicken?
Jerk Chicken has its origins in Jamaica where a special kind of spice, which is the main ingredient of this recipe.
Jerk spice seasoning includes allspice pepper and Scotch bonnet peppers.
Besides this, other ingredients include garlic cloves, onion, nutmeg, thyme, garlic, salt, and etc.
Can I use any other kind of meat?
Yes, of course, utilize bone-in or boneless or thighs, breast.
You can even try this recipe with pork, beef, or Turkey. You can check other Instant Pot air fryer recipes for inspiration.
How to serve?
This Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken can be amazingly served with
Need more ideas? Check out What To Serve With Jerk Chicken for 15 delicious side dishes.
Can I store Jerk Chicken?
Yes, of course! You can store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Why this recipe works?
The Jerk Chicken works great because:
- It is the easiest recipe
- The recipe works best with any kind of meat: flavorful chicken breast, tenderloin, or thigh.
- such a versatile recipe
- ready in no time
Can I use pork?
The spices suitable for chicken, but if you have pork, check out this Instant Pot Jerk Pork recipe.
How to make Instant Pot Jerk Chicken?
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Take a chopper and add all the ingredients.
Chop and blend them well.
Take the chicken and transfer it into a bowl.
Marinate with the blended mixture.
Place a fryer basket in the instant pot.
Transfer marinated chicken into it.
Cover with an air fryer lid.
Air fry at 390F for 20 minutes.
Dish out and serve with lemon squeezed on them.
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot Jerk Chicken
- Instant Pot
- Air fryer lid
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 scotch bonnet chili
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg grated
- ½ tablespoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon allspice pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lb chicken
- squeezed lemon
- Place all the ingredients (except the chicken) in the chopper and blend well.
- Chop and blend them well.
- Place the chicken in a bowl.
- Marinate the chicken with the blended mixture.
- Place the air fryer basket in the Instant Pot.
- Place the chicken inside the basket and cover with the Air Fryer Lid.
- Air fry at 390 °F for 20 minutes.
- Open the lid, serve and enjoy 🙂