Instant Pot Traditional Moroccan Chicken
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 pound grass-fed bone-in chicken leg quarters
- 1/4 pound cherry tomatoes crushed slightly
- 1 tsp garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano crushed
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- to taste salt
- 1/4 cup homemade chicken broth
- 1/4 cup green olives pitted
- 1/2 tbsp fresh basil leaves torn
Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the chicken leg quarters and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken leg quarters into a plate.
In the Instant Pot, add crushed cherry tomatoes with all juice, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes and salt and cook for about 1 minute, scraping up the brown bits from bottom.
- Select the “Cancel” and stir in the cooked chicken and broth.
Secure the lid and cook under “Manual” and “High Pressure” for about 13-14 minutes.
- Select the “Cancel” and carefully do a Quick release.
- Remove the lid and select “Sauté”.
- Stir in olives and basil and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Select the “Cancel” and serve hot over bed of couscous.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!