Hummus is a puree of chickpeas. It is practical and can be used as a dip or spread. Homemade Hummus provides many protein per serving because chickpeas and sesame butter (tahini).
Hummus is a healthier dip than mayonnaise or other Ranch or Caesar dips.
- 3 cups garbanzo beans cooked
- 1 onion cut in half
- 2 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup bean liquid warm
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika smoked
- 12 cup water
- Add water, onion and bay leaves in an instant pot and put rinsed beans into it
- Close the lid and seal the vent.
- Cook for 50 minutes on manual “high”, release the pressure naturally.
- Drain the beans and reserve the liquid.
- Put the drained beans in food processor and add the remaining contents except olive oil.
- Process the mixture then slowly add olive oil into it until it is creamy and smooth. Serve it.
If you loved this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!