They are normally deep-fried, but you can also stir-fry them (using precooked chickpeas) so that they turn out healthier and lighter.
For this recipe an Instant Pot is the perfect choice. Serve them with homemade hummus and raw fresh veggies for a great meal!
- 1 cup chickpeas precooked
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves minced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Blend chickpeas, garlic, onion, cilantro, parsley, tahini, cumin and salt in the mixer to obtain a thick paste.
- Add also chickpea flour and stir well.
- Shape some small balls with your hands.
- Pour sesame oil into your Instant Pot.
- Press “Sauté” and add your balls.
- Cook them for about 5 minutes, until they are roasted and browned on each side.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!