They are normally deep-fried, but you can also stir-fry them (using precooked chickpeas) so that they turn out healthier and lighter.
For this recipe an Instant Pot is the perfect choice. Serve them with homemade hummus or yogurt sauce and raw fresh veggies for a great meal!
- 1 cup chickpeas precooked
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves minced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- Blend chickpeas, garlic, onion, cilantro, parsley,dill tahini, cumin, lime juice and salt in the mixer to obtain a thick paste.
- Add also chickpea flour and stir well.
- Shape some small patties with your hands.
- Pour sesame oil into your Instant Pot.
- Press “Sauté” and add your balls.
- Cook them for about 10 minutes, until they are roasted and browned on each side.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!