Instant Pot Falafel
- 1/2 can chickpeas rinsed and dry
- 1/2 tbsp tahini paste
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leavesstem removed
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 tsp lemon finely grated
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper or more to taste
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
1) Add all the ingredients in food processor and process until just combined.
2) Transfer the mixture into a bowl and roll into balls.
3) Sprinkle sesame seeds all over the balls and flatten with a spoon.
4) Add water to the instant pot and place steamer trivet.
5) Place falafel over the trivet and set the instant pot on high pressure for 5 minutes.
6) Select “cancel” and release the pressure naturally.
7) Transfer the flatten balls into servingdish and serve with bread and tomato sauce.