Have you ever tasted Falafel? They are a popular Arabic street food which is really tasty and easy to prepare at home.
On this Instant Pot falafel recipe, we are stir-frying them so that they turn out healthier and lighter.
Do I need to cook the chickpeas before?
Yes, For this recipe we are using precooked chickpeas.
How can I cook chickpeas in the Instant Pot?
Just cook them for 50 minutes and than do a quick pressure release. For more info check out this Instant Pot humus recipe.
Can I pressure cook falafel?
For this Instant Pot recipe we are using only the saute function.
You can steam the falafel balls using the pressure cooking function and a trivet, but that way you would obtain a softer product, which is different than the original authentic falafel.
How to serve falafel?
Looking for more? check out What To Serve With Falafel for 20 delicious ideas.
You can make this recipe using a regular air fryer or even a deep fryer.
Feel free to play with the amount of spices according to your taste.
How to make Air Fryer Lid Falafel?
You can make this Instant Pot falafel recipe using Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid.
In order to do so, just cook the falafel at 350°F˚ for 10 minutes.
You can also make these recipe using Instant Pot Duo Crisp or Ninja Foodi.
If you are looking for more recipes for your air fryer, check out these Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid recipes.
Instant Pot Appetizer recipes
Instant Pot Falafel
- 1 cup chickpeas precooked
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon tahini paste
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- Blend chickpeas, garlic, onion, cilantro, parsley, dill, tahini, cumin, lime juice and salt in the mixer to obtain a thick paste.
- Add the chickpea flour and stir well.
- Shape small patties with your hands.
- Add sesame oil into your Instant Pot.
- Press “Sauté” and add the falafel balls.
- Cook them for about 10 minutes, until they are brown on each side.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
For Air Fryer Lid Falafel
- Cover with the Air Fryer Lid and set to AIR FRY at 350°F˚ for 10 minutes
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
- You can make this recipe using a regular air fryer or even a deep fryer.
- Feel free to play with the amount of spices according to your taste.