Teriyaki chicken is one of the best-known Japanese chicken dishes. With hints of spice and a sweet and salty marinade that doubles as a sauce, this chicken dish is sure to be a crowd pleaser and a recipe you’ll turn to time and time again!
Some teriyaki chicken recipes can be a bit lengthy and complicated, but this Instant Pot teriyaki chicken recipe simplifies the process without losing any of the flavor! Utilizing your pressure cooker will result in perfectly cooked chicken every time.
Table of Contents
Is it Gluten Free?
Yes! This dish is gluten free. If you have celiac disease, be sure to double check that the brand of corn starch you’re using is gluten free. Corn starch is naturally a gluten free product but is often manufactured on the same equipment as wheat products.
Can I Skip the Marinade?
If you’re low on time, you can skip or shorten the 30-minute marinade and still get great results from this recipe. However, I highly recommend it if you have time, because it really enhances the flavor of the chicken!
Should I Use Light or Dark Brown Sugar?
You can use either light or dark brown sugar for this recipe. Dark brown sugar has a stronger flavor and may result in a slightly darker sauce.
What Can I Use for Garnishes?
Garnishing this dish with scallions and sesame seeds makes this Instant Pot teriyaki chicken look like a restaurant quality meal, made right at home!
I’d also recommend adding a vegetable side for some added color and nutritional value. So you can try steamed broccoli or cauliflower.
Need more ideas? Check out What To Serve With Chicken Teriyaki for 16 delicious side dishes.
Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless
- ⅓ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup soya sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon ginger minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- 4 tablespoon water
- Mix together sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, brown sugar in a bowl.
- Cut the chicken into cubes and marinate the chicken into this mixture for 30 minutes.
- Put the marinated chicken with the sauce in the Instant Pot and lock the lid.
- Set the Instant Pot to “Manual” mode for 10 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the pressure immediately and dish out the chicken.
- Select “Sauté” and add water and corn-starch to the remaining mixture.
- Cook the sauce while continuously stirring and add the chicken.
- Serve chicken on rice or ramen if desired