It can be either a side dish for a Mexican-style dinner or a simple lunch to be packed in your lunchbox when you’re in a hurry. Instant Pot will give you fluffy and flavorful rice in a very short time, so that you can also prepare plenty of other recipes to satisfy your cravings for ethnic food!
- 1½ cups rice long grain
- 1½ cups water
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 clove garlic mined
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- salt to taste
- Rinse and drain the rice.
- Pour oil into your Instant Pot and press “Sauté”.
- Add rice and stir for about 4 minutes, until it becomes light golden.
- Add peas, carrots, tomato sauce, garlic and onion and stir.
- Add also water, broth and salt to taste, then lock your Instant Pot and cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Release the pressure naturally.
- Remove the lid and let your rice rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
- You can use fork gently to fluff the rice.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!