It can be either a side dish for a Mexican-style dinner or a simple lunch to be packed in your lunchbox when you’re in a hurry.
Instant Pot will give you fluffy and flavorful rice in a very short time, so that you can also prepare plenty of other recipes to satisfy your cravings for ethnic food!
If you like this colorful rice, check out the Instant Pot Dirty Rice recipe.
- 1½ cups rice long grain
- 1½ cups water
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 clove garlic mined
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- salt to taste
- Rinse and drain the rice.
- Pour oil into your Instant Pot and press “Sauté”.
- Add rice and stir for about 4 minutes, until it becomes light golden.
- Add peas, carrots, tomato sauce, garlic and onion and stir.
- Add also water, broth and salt to taste, then lock your Instant Pot and cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Release the pressure naturally.
- Remove the lid and let your rice rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
- You can use fork gently to fluff the rice.