Instant Pot Chicken Tenders are going to be your new favorite way to eat and enjoy juicy chicken! In less than 10 minutes, you'll have juicy and delicious chicken that you're going to love!
The best part about making chicken in the Instant Pot is that you're also making the seasoning mix and rub that goes along with it. This is better than any chicken dish that you could get at a restaurant because you're customizing it!
When you want simplicity with flavor, this is the best chicken recipe to accomplish that delicious goal!
Not only does this make a fast and easy weeknight dinner, but it's one of my go-to appetizers and finger foods as well. They're just so simple to make and fun to eat! Perfect for parties and family gatherings!
Using the Instant Pot is a simple way to keep the tenders moist and tender. If you're a fan of simplicity in the kitchen, this is the ONLY way that you'll want to make made from scratch chicken tenders moving forward.
Even kids who are picky eaters are going to love this simple recipe! Give them the option to use their favorite dips (ketchup, ranch, mustard, BBQ sauce), and they'll love every bite!
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
Trying to cook chicken perfectly is something that all cooks strive for. Thankfully, this simple chicken tender recipe proves that it doesn't have to be hard at all! When it comes to cooking chicken, the Instant Pot is the star of the show.
- A simple way to cook tender and juicy chicken
- A fast and easy recipe for a delicious weeknight dinner
- The perfect way to cook chicken and then use it in other recipes throughout the week
- Excellent for adding protein to your meals!
What are chicken tenders?
Chicken tenders are the meat from under the breast of the chicken. They are also often known as chicken strips or chicken fingers.
Call them whatever you want because this Instant Pot is going to make sure they’re cooked perfectly – even if they're frozen!
Chicken breasts - Buy the boneless, skinless chicken breasts so that they're prepared and ready.
Salt and pepper - To taste.
Italian seasoning - This is the best blend that adds in a ton of tasty ingredients as well.
Garlic powder - Don't confuse this with garlic salt.
Onion powder - Onion flakes would work as well.
Chicken broth - Vegetable broth could also be used in a pinch.
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Tenders
Gather up all the ingredients needed to get started. It's a fast and simple recipe, so you only need a few!
Step One: Cut the chicken breasts into thick slices. The picture below gives a good reference point as to the best size.
Step Two: Add the sliced chicken to a bowl and mix the spices.
Step Three: Place the trivet into the Instant Pot and set the bowl full of chicken onto it carefully.
Step Four: Add the chicken broth to the chicken pieces.
Step Five: Place the lid on the Instant pot & set it to High Pressure for 6 minutes. Do a natural release once the time has passed and remove the lid.
Dish out and enjoy!
Change up the seasoning - Use whatever type of seasoning that you would like. If you want to make it spicy, add some chili powder or chili flakes.
- Cooking in the Instant Pot means that you don't have to flip the chicken! This is a great time saver and the perfect way to make juicy and tender chicken every single time.
How to serve
Chicken tenders are versatile and go with just about anything! They are great to serve up with potato and veggie sides for a full meal. Once they're cooked, pair them with:
- Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes
- Instant Pot French Fries
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Green Beans
You can check What To Serve With Chicken Tenders for more delicious ideas.
Yes, you can cook chicken tenders in the Instant pot even if you don't have a trivet.
Please note that for this Instant Pot chicken tenders recipe, it's better to use the Instant Pot trivet since it saves the tenders from burning.
Yes, cooked chicken tenders are fantastic to have in your freezer!
Let them cool completely and then wrap securely and place in a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 2 months.
You can eat the cooked tenders cold, added to salads and sandwiches, or reheat them in the oven at 350F until warmed through.
Making sure that the internal temperature of the chicken is at least 165 degrees is key. The best way to check the doneness of the chicken is to use a meat thermometer.
If you're a fan of fast and easy appetizer recipes, you're going to love these options! Perfect for game day, tailgating food, or just fun weekend recipes!
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment below. Thanks!
Instant Pot Chicken Tenders
- 2 lb chicken breasts thick slices
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Cut the chicken pieces into thick slices.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken and all of the seasonings together well. The chicken should be fully coated.
- Put a trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place the bowl full of chicken on the trivet.
- Pour the chicken broth over the top of the chicken.
- Put on the lid and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release and then remove the lid.
- Serve with your favorites sides and dipping sauce and enjoy.
- Cooking in the Instant Pot means that you don't have to flip the chicken!