Chicken tenders have never been so delicious! Juicy, succulent, and rubbed in a garlic and herb seasoning mix.
One of my go-to appetizers and finger foods is chicken tenders. Great option for parties and family gatherings.
They are always a crowd-pleaser and when cooked in the Instant Pot they come out perfectly succulent and juicy.
Do I have to use the Air Fryer Lid?
No! You can make this Instant Pot Chicken Tenders recipe using only your Instant Pot and the regular lid.
What is Instant Pot Chicken Tender?
Chicken tenders are pieces of deliciously juicy and, well, tender meat from under the breast of the chicken.
They are also often known as chicken strips or chicken fingers.
Whatever you call them, the Instant Pot is going to make sure they’re cooked perfectly – even from frozen!
Can I make the recipe without a trivet?
Yes you can.
Please note that for this Instant Pot chicken tenders recipe it's better to use the Instant Pot trivet since it saves the tenders from burning.
These chicken tenders are great straight out of the pressure cooker, but they will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Can I freeze it?
Yes, cooked chicken tenders are great to have in your freezer!
Let them cool completely and then wrap securely and place in a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 2 months.
What is so special about this recipe?
1. Quick and easy: Ready to be served in just 10 minutes and with just a few ingredients, this recipe is a breeze!
2. Kid-friendly: If you have a picky eater in your house, I promise you these will be devoured in no time!
3. Healthy: High in protein and low in fat and carbs, these are a great healthier appetizer option.
How to serve?
They are also great to serve up with potato and veggie sides for a full meal. Try them with:
Or serve these up as a game-day appetizer with dips like ketchup, ranch, or fry sauce.
How to make
Gather the ingredients:
Cut the chicken breasts into thick slices just as shown below.
Now, take a bowl and add chicken pieces to it for seasoning.
Use the following spices to do the magic:
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
Set a trivet in the Instant Pot and place chicken onto it carefully.
Pour some chicken broth on the chicken pieces.
Cover the Instant pot & set it to High Pressure for 6 minutes.
Do a Natural Release afterward.
Dish out and enjoy!
Instant Pot Appetizer Recipes
Instant Pot Chicken Tenders
- 2 lb chicken breasts thick slices
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a bowl, mix chicken, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder
- Place a trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place the chicken slices on the trivet.
- Pour the chicken broth on the chicken.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂