I am sharing the easiest palak paneer recipe with you guys – and it is perfection.
It’s delicious, tastes like the real deal, and it’s the perfect Instant Pot dump-and-go recipe.
Palak paneer makes a healthy weeknight meal.
- What is Palak Paneer?
- Instant Pot Palak Paneer Recipe Video
- What can I use instead of actual Paneer?
- How to make it vegan?
- How long does it take to cook Palak Paneer in an Instant Pot?
- What is so special about this Palak Paneer recipe?
- How to serve?
- How to store leftovers?
- How to make Instant Pot Palak Paneer
- Instant Pot vegetarian recipes
What is Palak Paneer?
Palak Paneer is a dish of North Indian origin consisting of palak (spinach) and paneer in a thick curry sauce based on pureed spinach, onion, tomatoes, and spices.
Paneer is typically called “Indian cottage cheese” and is also known as “farmer’s cheese” in the US.
Fresh, unsalted cheese that is similar to cottage cheese is made by curdling milk using lemon juice or vinegar and then separating the whey.
For an authentic taste, replace the butter with homemade Instant Pot Ghee.
Instant Pot Palak Paneer Recipe Video
What can I use instead of actual Paneer?
You can use tofu instead of Paneer which gives a nice texture to curries.
How to make it vegan?
In order to make a vegan Palak Paneer:
1. Replace the butter with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
2. Replace the cottage cheese with tofu (same amount).
How long does it take to cook Palak Paneer in an Instant Pot?
This healthy dish can be made in under 20 minutes in an Instant Pot.
What is so special about this Palak Paneer recipe?
The best thing about this recipe is that it takes so much less time.
Plus it is vegetarian, Low carb, Keto, and Gluten-free!
How to serve?
Enjoy with parathas, roti, or naan.
For a gluten-free meal, check out :
A side cucumber salad or spicy cabbage salad will complete the meal.
How to store leftovers?
Any leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 4 days.
You can also freeze palak paneer for up to 2 months.
To reheat simply thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat in the microwave.
How to make Instant Pot Palak Paneer
Gather all the ingredients.
Add butter to the Instant Pot and cumin powder.
Set the pot to High Pressure for 5 minutes.
Now add chopped onions, garlic, ginger, and red bell pepper.
Mix well and then add chopped tomato and spices.
Add some water so the mixture doesn’t get burnt.
Add spinach to the pot and set it to High Pressure for 2 minutes.
Do a Natural Release afterward.
Take the cooked mixture and blend it completely.
Add Tofu as a substitute for Paneer (cottage cheese).
Dish out & serve as you wish 🙂
Instant Pot vegetarian recipes
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger peeled & chopped
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lb spinach
- 2 cups cottage cheese cubes or tofu
- Add butter, cumin powder, chopped garlic, ginger, onion, and red bell pepper to the Instant Pot and stir well.
- Add chopped tomato, salt, red chili flakes, turmeric, coriander, garam masala, spinach, and water.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Blend the mixture (you can also use immersion blender).
- Add cottage cheese cubes to the Instant Pot and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂