Delicious and easy-to-make Instant Pot Palak Paneer!
A popular vegetarian dish from India, consisting of tender paneer cheese cubes (or tofu) simmered in a flavorful and creamy spinach sauce.
With the help of an Instant Pot, you can have this mouth-watering dish ready in only 15 minutes.
Table of Contents
- What is Palak Paneer?
- Recipe Video
- What can I use instead of actual Paneer?
- How to make it vegan?
- How long does it take to cook Palak Paneer in an Instant Pot?
- What is so special about this Palak Paneer recipe?
- How to serve?
- How to store leftovers?
- How to make Instant Pot Palak Paneer
- Instant Pot Vegetarian Recipes
- Instant Pot Palak Paneer
What is Palak Paneer?
Palak Paneer is a dish of North Indian origin consisting of palak (spinach) and paneer in a thick curry sauce based on pureed spinach, onion, tomatoes, and spices.
Paneer is typically called “Indian cottage cheese” and is also known as “farmer’s cheese” in the US.
Fresh, unsalted cheese that is similar to cottage cheese is made by curdling milk using lemon juice or vinegar and then separating the whey.
For an authentic taste, replace the butter with homemade Instant Pot Ghee.
Looking for a simple recipe? Check out this Instant Pot Saag Paneer.
What can I use instead of actual Paneer?
You can use tofu instead of Paneer which gives a nice texture to curries.
How to make it vegan?
In order to make a vegan Palak Paneer:
1. Replace the butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Replace the cottage cheese with tofu (same amount).
How long does it take to cook Palak Paneer in an Instant Pot?
This healthy dish can be made in under 20 minutes in an Instant Pot.
What is so special about this Palak Paneer recipe?
The best thing about this recipe is that it takes so much less time.
Plus it is vegetarian, Low carb, Keto, and Gluten-free!
How to serve?
Enjoy with parathas, roti, or naan.
For a gluten-free meal, check out :
A side cucumber salad or spicy cabbage salad will complete the meal.
How to store leftovers?
Any leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 4 days.
You can also freeze palak paneer for up to 2 months.
To reheat simply thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat in the microwave.
How to make Instant Pot Palak Paneer
Gather all the ingredients.
Add butter to the Instant Pot and cumin powder.
Set the pot to High Pressure for 5 minutes.
Now add chopped onions, garlic, ginger, and red bell pepper.
Mix well and then add chopped tomato and spices.
Add some water so the mixture doesn't get burnt.
Add spinach to the pot close the lid.
Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural release.
Once done, open the lid.
Take the cooked mixture and blend it completely.
Add Paneer (cottage cheese) or tofu.
Dish out & serve as you wish 🙂
Instant Pot Vegetarian Recipes
Instant Pot Palak Paneer
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger peeled & chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ cup water
- 1 lb spinach
- 2 cups cottage cheese cubes or tofu
- Add butter, cumin powder, chopped garlic, ginger, onion, and red bell pepper to the Instant Pot and stir well.
- Add chopped tomato, salt, red chili flakes, turmeric, coriander, garam masala, spinach, and water.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Blend the mixture (you can also use immersion blender).
- Add cottage cheese cubes to the Instant Pot and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂