So here is another super simple recipe for your Instant Pot.
And believe me, just like the hard boiled eggs, after you first make corn on the cob in your Instant Pot, you won’t be able to make it any other way.
How many ears can I make at once?
I’m making 3-4 corns every time in my 6-quart Instant Pot.
If you have 8-quart pressure cooker, you can add some more. Anyway, since it’s very quick anyway, I can make it in 2 batches in no time.
How long should I cook it?
1-4 minutes, depending how do you like your corn. The longer you cook – the softer it will be. I found that my sweet spot (pun intended) is 2 minutes.
What toppings can I add?
I like the natural taste, but there are plenty of options to diversify this dish: Feta cheese, parmesan, sweet butter, harissa, tabasco sauce and more.
How can I make it vegan?
Well… don’t add the butter.
Do I have to use a trivet?
Yes. But you can use the metal one that comes with the Instant Pot, so you are set up. Feel free to use any rack or Instant Pot trivet you have.
- 3-4 ears corn on the cob husk and silk removed
- butter to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1 cup of water the the Instant Pot
- Place the trivet and put the corn on it.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 2 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release (move the valve to the "venting" position).
- Open the lid and take out the corn on the cob.
- Add butter, salt and pepper to taste and serve.