Everyone loves warm and comforting chicken pot pie. It’s a classic recipe that’s suitable for the whole family!
This Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie recipe is delicious, healthy and comprises of highly nutritious ingredients.
You can make a big chicken pot pie or make individual small ones like in this recipe.
What Types of Vegetables Should I Use?
You can use whatever combination of these vegetables you like that adds up to 16 ounces. You could even add others like broccoli or mushrooms.
You can also use fresh vegetables if you prefer, but I find frozen mixed vegetables easier and tastes just as good!
How to Cut Circles from Pie Dough
If you don’t have round cookie or biscuit cutters, you have a few different options. First, you could use the rim of a glass that’s about the same size as your ramekin. Or, you could lightly trace a knife around the edge of your ramekin to use as a guide.
The circles don’t have to fit perfectly in the ramekins. It’s okay if the circles are a little larger. Then, you can just fold the dough up the sides to line the inside of the ramekin, and it’s ok to overlap a little.
If you opt to make one large Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie instead of individual sized pot pies, you follow the same method but only cut two circles—one for the bottom crust and one for the top crust.
This can be made in a cake pan or pie tin about 6 inches in diameter. Make sure the pan fits in your pressure cooker!
This recipe calls for cream of celery soup, but you could also use cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, or a combination!
The chicken can be substituted with turkey to make turkey pot pie. I like to use a mixture of light and dark meat for Thanksgiving dinner vibes, but it’s totally up to you!
Is This Recipe Freezer-Friendly?
Yes! This is one of the best make-ahead freezer meals that you can easily heat up straight from frozen for an effortless weeknight meal.
I like to make a whole big batch of these and freeze them up to 1 month. Trust me, future you will thank you for this!
On the final step I used the CrispLid to make the dough crispy and tastier.
To make this recipe even easier, you can make this dish like a casserole instead of assembling pies. Just make the filling through step 4, and then instead of assembling the pies, you can cook some of the plain pie dough in an oven, toaster oven, or air fryer. Then just layer pieces of the crust on top of the filling.
This way is much more casual to serve, but tastes just as great, and ensures the crust will be nice and crispy! Another option—instead of using baked pie crust, you can top with crackers. So simple and so good!
- 1 package store pie dough
- 11/2 lb chicken boneless, in cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 can cream of celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 16 ounces mixed vegetables frozen
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 11/2 tsp garlic powder
- Put olive oil inside the Instant Pot and select "saute".
- Add chicken and salt and saute for about 3 minutes till the chicken is browned.
- Add mix vegetables, cream of celery, all the spices and chicken broth. Saute for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the sauce for the Instant Pot and clean it
- Roll the pie dough on a floured surface and make 8 circles.
- Place 4 circles in a bottom of a small round mold
- Add Chicken mixture on top.
- Add the rest of the dough circles on top , press the edge with a fork to close the pie.
- cover the pie with foil paper
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the Instant Pot, place the trivet inside and place the pot pie on top of the trivet.
- Cook at high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick pressure release.
- Take it our and enjoy.
- Optional: Broil it in the oven or use the crisplid for a crispy dough.