Want the best solution for winter nights when you actually want something hot to eat instantly? Try this rich and creamy Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe.
Its finger-licking combination of chicken, veggie and potato gnocchi will crave you to have more of it!
Why This Recipe Works
The instant solution for healthy and light-weighted lunch or dinner.
A quick and easy one-pot recipe with simple ingredients and steps should be given a try 🙂
Learn how to make Chicken Gnocchi Soup using your Instant Pot now!
- Onion - gives a caramelized flavour to your soup! It melts itself into liquid later.
- Garlic - adds richness to your soup!
- Celery - you can use diced green bell pepper instead of it. Depends on your choice.
- Carrots - who wants the soup without carrots? you can use shredded carrots rather than striped ones if you want to.
- Chicken Broth - adds chicken flavour to your soup stock making it richer in flavour.
- Chicken Breast - you can use cubes instead of sliced chicken breasts.
- Thyme - adds minty flavour to your soup.
- Black Pepper - balance the spice level. you can add or less the quantity according to your taste.
- Potato Gnocchi - Italian dumplings made of potatoes, eggs and flour! after being cooked, gives a creamy texture to your soup.
- Milk -The reason behind the creamy colour and texture of chicken gnocchi soup.
- Spinach - Makes your soup healthier for you!
How to make
Pour 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil into Instant Pot.
Add ½ chopped Onion to it. Press Saute, at high pressure and set timings for 7 minutes.
Now, add 2 teaspoons of minced garlic to it.
Add 1 finely chopped Celery to it.
Add ½ cup of striped Carrots to it.
Add 1 cup of Chicken Broth.
Then add 4 pieces of Chicken Breasts (sliced) to it.
Add 1 teaspoon of Salt to it.
Add 1 teaspoon of Thyme.
Add 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper to it. Give it a quick mix.
Now add 16 oz of Potato Gnocchi to it.
Add ½ cup of milk to it.
Add 1 cup chopped Spinach to it. Mix it with the help of a wooden spoon and cover it up with a lid. Pressure cook it at high pressure for 5 mins.
The Instant Pot Gnocchi Soup is ready to serve! Give it a quick release.
Dish out the soup and serve it with Roasted Broccoli or Pita Bread 🙂
How to Serve
Pita bread with Chicken Gnocchi Soup will also be a go-to combination.
What else can I add ?
You can add more veggies of your choice like broccoli, turnips or baby corns to make your soup more tasty and healthy.
You can also add some more spices and herbs like oregano or rosemary leaves as per your taste.
Can I store it and reheat it?
Yes, you can store it in the freezer for a couple of months in an air-tight container, this would not affect its taste and flavour. Microwave it for 2-3 minutes for reheating purposes.
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon celery chopped
- ½ cup carrots striped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 chicken breast sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt or as per taste
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 oz potato gnocchi
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil into an instant pot.
- Add ½ finely chopped onion to it. Saute it at high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Now add 2 teaspoons of minced garlic to it.
- Add 1 finely chopped celery to it.
- Add ½ cup of sliced carrots to it.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth to it.
- Add 4 chicken breasts (sliced) to it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt to it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of thyme to it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of black pepper to it,
- Mix all the ingredients with a wooden spoon then add 16 oz of potato gnocchi to it.
- Add ½ cup of milk to it.
- Add 1 cup of finely chopped spinach to it.
- Give it a quick mix and cover up the lid.
- Pressure cook at high pressure for 5 minutes. Then allow it a quick release.
- Dish it out and enjoy the hot and yummy chicken gnocchi soup!
- For a creamy texture, serve yourself with a hot, fresh soup instead of storing it.
- You can sprinkle thyme from the top if you don't want its flavour to be subtle during cooking.
- You can add heavy cream for a more creamy texture.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂