When the weather turns cold a big delicious bowl of Matzo Balls is all you crave for!
This easy Instant Pot Matzo Ball Soup is a healthy and warm treat for your tummy.
Running out of time? Don't need to be worried, try this easy and quick Instant Pot Matzo Ball Soup recipe.
What is Matzo Ball anyway?
Matzo Balls soup is a full rich nutrient treat for your starving stomach.
This healthy recipe is of Jewish cuisine made with Matzo (Matzah) an unleavened bread, chicken, and some refreshing veggies.
A traditional soup now can be used as our Netflix binging.
What are Matzo Balls made of?
You can make Matzo Ball at your home easily, Mix Matzo meal these basic ingredients,
- Chicken fat (Schmaltz) or you can also use vegetable oil or olive oil instead of chicken fat
- The baking powder
then freeze them or give a try to our recipe now!
Can I store the leftovers?
Of course, this is what we all want, to store our favorite cuisine.
You just have to separate the balls from soup to save from getting soaked or else they will become squishy.
Freeze balls and broth separately to enjoy soup with the same taste as before when reheated.
How to reheat?
The stove is good for reheating just put the pot on it of course not the instant pot 😉
Start with boiling the broth then mix balls with the simmering broth.
And ends with finishing this delicious cuisine.
How to make
Gather necessary ingredients.
Pour half cup of water into the instant pot.
Add boneless chicken to the instant pot and Sautee it at high for 20 minutes.
Add previously chopped vegetables and spices.
Cover the pot with the lid and pressure cook at high for 20 minutes.
Do a quick release and dish out the cooked chicken.
Add Matzo balls to the pot.
Dish out the soup in a bowl and add salt, pepper, and parsley for garnishing.
Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Instant Pot Matzo Ball Soup
- ½ cup water
- ½ chicken breast
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 celery chopped
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 cup matzo balls
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- parsley for garnishing
- dill for garnishing
- Pour ½ cup water into the Instant Pot
- Add the chicken and press "saute".
- Add onion, celery, carrot, onion, shallot and black peppercorns, stir well and saute for 3 minutes.
- Cover the pot with the lid and cook at high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick release and open the lid.
- Take out the chicken and shred it.
- Add matzo balls to the Instant Pot and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the soup.
- Add salt, pepper, and parsley and dill garnishing and serve 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂