If you like Carne Asada aka grilled meat, you have come to the right place.
Using the Instant Pot, we can make this carne asada in less then 30 minutes total!
It’s delicate, tasty, and extraordinary served in tacos with your favorite fillings!
Colorful dish for any special dinner 🙂
Which kind of Steak should I use?
There are as many ways of making Instant Pot Carne Asada as there are many countries in Latin America.
Each region uses different seasonings, cuts of beef, and sides.
However, in the USA, the most common offering for carne asada is a skirt or flank steak.
Instant Pot Carne Asada Recipe Video
Which kind of Tortillas should I use?
To have the savory experience I’d suggest using Corn Tortillas.
I admit you won’t find them as easily at your grocery stores as the flour ones but believe me the taste is gonna be worth it in the end as well as are lower in calories so it is a win-win situation.
Can I use pork?
If you wanna use pork, check out this Instant Pot pork carnitas recipe.
Can I use Chicken?
In my opinion, this recipe works better with beef. If you wanna use chicken, check out these recipes:
I don’t like hot food. Would it be too spicy for me?
Well, don’t worry about the spice as the mango salsa balances and cools it down. You will have a taste of both.
Furthermore, we are to add honey and avocados to make it more appetizing.
How to make Instant Pot Carne Asada
Gather the ingredients.
Prepare the fillings:
Take an onion and cut it in a half.
Chop half of the onion and slice the other half.
Take a bowl and add previously chopped tomato, Jalapeno pepper, and onion.
Add Spices, lime juice into it then cover the bowl with a cling wrap and keep it aside.
Prepare the beefsteak:
Take ANOTHER bowl, add sliced beef, and chopped onions into it.
Add the spices to the bowl.
Add lime & lemon juice.
Take your Instant Pot, add the beef mixture into it.
Add beef stock in the Instant Pot and cover it with a lid.
Set the pot to High Pressure for 6 minutes.
Do a Natural Release.
Dish out the beef and syrup separately.
Time to fill the tortillas:
Take some corn tortillas, the vegetable mixture we prepared earlier, avocado, and cooked beef.
Add in the fillings carefully and creatively.
Here you go!
Delicious Instant Pot Carne Asada is ready to be enjoyed!
Instant Pot Beef Recipes
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 2 lb skirt steak sliced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp kosher salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado sliced
- cilantro for serving
- In a bowl mix chopped tomato, pepper, and chopped onion.
- Add black pepper, kosher salt, half of the lime and lemon juice and stir well. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, mix sliced onion, beef, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, brown sugar, pepper flakes and half of the lime and lemon juice.
- Add the mixture to the Instant Pot.
- Add beef stock and close the lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release and open the lid.
- Fill the tortillas with the beef, the salsa you made before, avocado, cilantro and any other toppings you like.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂