Black rice is a real superfood: it is not only packed with beneficial substances like anti-oxidants, phytonutrients and fibers, but it also prevents such diseases like diabetes and atherosclerosis. Moreover, it is really tasty and aromatic so that it can be used in several recipes as an ingredient or even alone, as a side dish.
Its nutty flavor makes it suitable for both sweet and savory dishes and it pairs really well with fresh and seasonal veggies for a super healthy meal!
- 1 cup black rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Carefully rinse and dry your black rice.
- Pour water into your Instant Pot.
- Add rice and cook at high pressure for 18 minutes.
- Let the steam release naturally.
- Open the lid and add some olive oil.
- Adjust with salt, stir well and serve.