If you like roasted meat, try this pressure cooker Mississippi pot roast recipe.
Enjoy a delicious main dish and add a spicy twist to your dinner!
I really like making this Instant Pot recipe since it’s just Set It and Forget It. I can watch tv or do the dishes while waiting, and after one hour I just open the lid and enjoy soft & tasty meat :]
Can I use frozen meat?
Yes, you can use frozen meat for this Instant Pot Mississippi pot roast recipe. Please note you will need a few more minutes to brown it.
Side dish suggestions
How long can I keep it in the fridge?
You can keep the Instant Pot Mississippi pot roast for up to 3 days.
How long can I keep it in the freezer?
Up to 3 months
How to make the Mississippi roast?
Gather your ingredients:
Sear the meat on Saute on all sides.
Add rest of ingredients.
Saute for 2 minutes. Lock the lid into place and cook on high pressure for 60 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is done perform a natural pressure release.
Pull the beef with two forks and shred. Serve.
- 2 lb chuck roast
- ¾ cup beef stock
- 1 package dry onion soup
- 8 pepperoncini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter optional
- 3 tbsp pepperoncini’s liquid
- salt and pepper to taste
- Press “Saute”.
- Pour olive oil into your Instant Pot and add the meat.
- Cook the meat for about 5 minutes, until brown on each side.
- Pour beef broth and dry onion mix into the Instant Pot.
- Add pepperoncini with their liquid and the butter.
- Cook on "saute" for 2 more minutes while stirring.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 60 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Once done, open the lid and serve.