Looking to diversify your side side? This Instant Pot Spanish Rice is the recipe for you.
Colorful, healthy and full with taste!
Very easy to make and you can have it in only 20 minutes.
Can I use Basmati or Jasmine rice?
Yes, but then you need to cut the cooking time depending on the type of rice you use.
For this recipe I'm using canned tomatoes, since it's much easier and faster. Feel free to use fresh ones.
I'm using 2 chilies but you can cut them to 1 or add more for extra spicy :]
Instant Pot Rice Recipes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups unccoked brown rice
- 2½ cups water
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Press "saute" and add olive oil.
- Add garlic and onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add rice and water and stir for 1 minute.
- Add green chilies, tomatoes, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release (or for at least 20 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy 🙂