Looking for a special main dish? This Instant Pot Pork Hock is the recipe for you with its amazing delicious taste to serve your cravings.
Why This Recipe Works
This pig feet recipe comes from Chinese cuisine and in my opinion, the Instant Pot is the best way the make the Pork Hock.
This Instant Pot Pork recipe allows you to cook a flavorsome dish easily and quicker than others. What are you waiting for? Try this not-so-time-taking, healthy and delicious recipe for your meal now!
In my opinion, it's one of the best Instant Pot pork recipes on Corrie Cooks.
Pork- Pig feet pork is used in this recipe. Take 2 lb of pig feet pork and cut it into 6 pieces of each. Wash the pork properly before adding.
Ginger- Use at least 1-inch ginger, thinly slice the ginger.
Soy Sauce- We are using here both, light soy sauce and dark soy sauce for better taste. You can also make it with only a dark one but I would suggest you use both as per the recipe card.
Ginger Powder, Green Onions, Japanese Sake, Star Anise, Ginger powder, Dried chili peppers, sugar, and salt to make this extremely mouthful.
Try using the ingredients according to the recipe card to enjoy the perfect taste, but you can add or less as per your taste.
How to make
Gather the necessary ingredients as per the recipe card.
Put the pork into the pot and add ginger.
Now add 1 ½ cups of water into the pot.
Close the lid set the pot on high pressure for 3 minutes.
Do a natural release set the pork aside and discard the water.
Now put the pork feet into the pot and add 1 ½ cups of water.
Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
Do a natural release and remove the lid.
Remove the pork and set it aside.
Now add all the remaining ingredients as per the recipe card.
Sautee for 15 minutes.
Blend till desired thickness.
Pour out the mixture on the pork and serve immediately to enjoy some really great taste!
How to serve?
There are many ideas to serve the amazingly delicious Instant Pot Pork Hork, I would suggest you serve it with some naan piece of crusty banana bread or naan. You can serve the broth as a curry without pork, or Instant Pot Pork Hork already has a delicious sweet and savory sauce. All you need is a simple side dish to serve like Brown Rice, Mexican Rice, Green Beans, Lentils.
Can I store it for later?
Yes, you can easily store the amazing Instant Pot Pork Hork, Put the broth and pork in separate air-tight containers or any zipper bags and thaw them into your refrigerator to enjoy this wholesome dish later.
How to make it a soup?
You can make this delicious Instant Pot Pork Hork a soup by adding some broth chicken, vegetable, or any broth you want, and blend do not thicken the mixture and serve it as it is without pork.
How to reheat?
You can easily reheat the Instant Pot Pork Hork in the instant pot or in the microwave. Saute or microwave until heated and serve yourself some great and savory flavor of Instant Pot Pork Hork.
More Instant Pot Pork Recipes
More Instant Pot Chinese Recipes
Instant Pot Pork Hock
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch ginger thickly sliced
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- 2 lb pork feet pieces
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon Japanese sake
- 1 ½ star anise
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3 dried chili peppers
- Place pork feet and ginger inside the instant pot
- Add water to cover the pork feet.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Wait for a natural release and remove the lid.
- Wash pork feet and discard the water.
- Add pork feet to the Instant Pot and add water till feet are covered.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural release.
- Open the lid and remove the pork and set it aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the pot.
- Set the pot on Sautee for 15 mins and blend.
- Let it simmer until desired thickness is reached.
- Serve and enjoy.
- While simmering if your broth becomes too thick you can add more water until desired thickness.
- Garnish it with parsley or green onions or you can also use black pepper.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂