Chicken congee, also known as chicken rice porridge is easy to prepare.
Prepare a comfort bowl of chicken congee for breakfast and enjoy!
Great option for easy and healthy dinner.
Can I make it vegetarian?
Sure! If you are looking for a vegetarian or vegan version, check out this Instant Pot Congee recipe.
Instant Pot Rice Recipes
Instant Pot Brown Rice and Vegetables
Instant Pot Pork Chops and Rice
Instant Pot Chicken Congee
A simple and comforting Chinese food at its best.Print Pin Rate
- 1 cup scallions chopped
- ¾ cup ginger thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 chicken legs
- 16 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 3 cups long grain Jasmine rice
- Put chicken legs, rice and water in the Instant Pot and secure the lid.
- Secure the lid and cook under “Porridge” for about 20 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and release the pressure naturally.
- Dish out the chicken from the pot and shred the meat, discarding the bones.
- Add the chicken back into the congee along with salt and mix thoroughly.
- Dish out into bowls and top with ginger, sesame oil, white pepper and scallions.
Calories: 282kcal Carbohydrates: 3g Protein: 16g Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 5g Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g Monounsaturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 90mg Sodium: 399mg Potassium: 269mg Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Vitamin A: 214IU Vitamin C: 3mg Calcium: 36mg Iron: 1mg
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @corriecooksblog or tag #corriecooks!