Chicken congee, also known as chicken rice porridge is easy to prepare. Prepare a comfort bowl of chicken congee for breakfast and enjoy!
- 1 cup scallions chopped
- 3/4 cup ginger thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 6 chicken legs
- 16 cup water
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- 3 cups long grain Jasmine rice
- Put chicken legs, rice and water in the Instant Pot and secure the lid.
- Secure the lid and cook under “Porridge” for about 20 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and release the pressure naturally.
- Dish out the chicken from the pot and shred the meat, discarding the bones.
- Add the chicken back into the congee along with salt and mix thoroughly.
- Dish out into bowls and top with ginger, sesame oil, white pepper and scallions.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.