Chicken congee, also known as chicken rice porridge is easy to prepare.
Prepare a comfort bowl of chicken congee for breakfast and enjoy!
Great option for easy and healthy dinner.
Can I make it vegetarian?
Sure! If you are looking for a vegetarian or vegan version, check out this Instant Pot Congee recipe.
Instant Pot Rice Recipes
Instant Pot Chicken Congee
- 1 cup scallions chopped
- ¾ cup ginger thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 chicken legs
- 16 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 3 cups long grain Jasmine rice
- Put chicken legs, rice and water in the Instant Pot and secure the lid.
- Secure the lid and cook under “Porridge” for about 20 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and release the pressure naturally.
- Dish out the chicken from the pot and shred the meat, discarding the bones.
- Add the chicken back into the congee along with salt and mix thoroughly.
- Dish out into bowls and top with ginger, sesame oil, white pepper and scallions.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂