One of the favorite and comfort Chinese entrée recipe for New Year night dinner parties… Braising sauce of shallots, garlic, fish sauce and soy sauce with caramelized sugar gives a delish touch to pork belly.
Instant Pot Braised Pork Belly Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 shallots chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp thick soy sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper as required
- 2 1/2 lb lean pork belly cut into 1-inch squares
- 7 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 scallion (green part) chopped
- In a large bowl, add theshallots, garlic, fish sauce, soy sauce, salt andblack pepper and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the pork pieces and coat with the mixture generously.
- Place the sugar in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until sugar starts to become dark in color, stirring frequently.
- Add the pork belly pieces and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Select “Cancel” and stir in the coconut water.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about35 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 15 minutes and then, do a quick release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and serve with the garnishing of scallion.
This recipe is part of the biggest FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1080 original and delicious recipes. If you love this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes = Corrie Cooks