If your kids love apple pie, here’s another apple recipe that will surely make them happy! This pressure cooker Apple Crisp recipe is delicious, healthy, and it only takes a few minutes to throw together.
Since the ingredients in this recipe are naturally sweet, the only added sweetener is a little bit of maple syrup, which happens to be a good source of many nutrients and antioxidants including zinc, magnesium, and calcium.
Instant Pot Apple Crisp is a warm and flavorful dessert, perfect for any cold winter night! Try serving with vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgent treat.
What Kind of Apples Should I Use?
You can make this Instant Pot apple crisp recipe using Granny Smith, McIntosh, and Honeycrisp, which are all great varieties for baking.
Granny Smith and Honeycrisp hold their shape well when cooked. McIntosh tend to break down a little more but it still has an amazing taste.
Try a combination for best results!
Is it Gluten-Free?
This Instapot apple crisp recipe contains some flour, so it is not gluten-free. However, it can easily be made gluten-free by substituting a gluten-free flour and making sure oats are certified gluten-free.
Apple crisp is delicious on its own, but it also goes very well over a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or yogurt for a healthier alternative.
If you serve it with yogurt, it would even make for a nutritious and delicious breakfast that the kids are sure to love!
Instant Pot Apple recipes
- 3 tablespoon water
- 8 apples peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup oats
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- 3 tablespoon flour
- ½ cup water
- In a round dish that fit the instant pot place chopped apples and add cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract.
- Stir to combine everything, then add maple syrup and water mix again.
- In another bowl mix oatmeal, flour and butter, pour on top of the apples
- Place the dish in the instant onto the trivet and add ½ cup of water at the bottom of the instant pot.
- Cook at high pressure for 8 minutes, then quickly release the steam.
- Serve hot or warm.