Make the best dessert ever using this easy recipe 🙂
Get homemade and healthy breakfast in only 10 minutes.
I am excited to present my whole new apple pie, which is quick to make and insanely delicious. It is a rich source of healthy nutrients. Instant Pot Apple Crisp is a very easy-to-cook healthy recipe to provide you satiety and helps in enhancing iron in the body.
Why This Recipe Works
This dessert is tender, flavorful, and rich in taste that flourishes us with appetizing touch. This amazing recipe can be perfected in an instant pot or pressure cooker, within just 10 minutes.
You will need simple ingredients to make it ready in your kitchen. If you try this recipe, you will never cook apples any other way! And if you loved it, try exploring my Instant Pot apple sauce recipe too.
You can make this Instant Pot apple crisp recipe using Granny Smith, McIntosh, and Honeycrisp, which are all great varieties for baking. Try a combination of serving it with vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgent treat.
Apples- Red apples are the basis of this delicious recipe. Choose at least 4 red and fresh medium-sized apples such as Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Fuji and peel off the outer layers of each one of them.
Melted Butter- is an equally welcome ingredient in the instant pot apple crisp. Many recopies need stacks of creaming sugar into soft butter however here in this recipe we have found that melted butter works better.
Oat - is an incredibly nutritious food packed with important vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Crashed nuts contribute an extra amount of sweetness to it and make it even more dessert. Besides its flavor value, slashed nuts also contribute a high caloric ratio of fats and proteins. You can replace Oats with grains but they are not as recommended since oats contain more nutrients and are high in fiber and proteins as compared to grains.
Vanilla Extract - gives supplemental sweetness to the Instant Pot apple crisp recipe. The well-flavored vanilla extract results in baked products that become soft and moister.
Cinnamon - has been revered through the centuries for its sweet-hot flavor, and its strong scent. 2 teaspoons of the Cinnamon powder will not only add fragrance to this recipe but will also fortify its delicious taste without masking the original flavor.
If this is one of your favorite ingredients, I would encourage you to check my Instant Pot Cinnamon Rolls recipe for sure.
How to make Apple Crisp
Place chopped apples In a round bowl that fits the Instant Pot.
Add vanilla extract.
Add nutmeg, ½ cup of water and maple syrup and stir well.
In another bowl mix oatmeal, flour and butter.
Pour the oats mixture over the apple mixture.
Pour ½ cup of water into the Instant Pot.
Place a trivet on the bottom if the Instant Pot.
Place the apple bowl on the trivet.
Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
Serve and enjoy 🙂
How to Serve
Apple crisp is delicious on its own, but it also goes very well taste over a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or yogurt for a healthier alternative.
If you serve it with yogurt, it would even make for a nutritious and delicious breakfast that the kids are sure to love!
If you're not a fan of raisins, you could use dried cranberries or use this Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce as an alternative
Granny Smith, Honeycrisp or Fuji are the best for this recipe.
Instant Pot Apple Recipes
Instant pot Apple Crisp
- 8 apples peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- A few drops vanilla extract
- ½ cup water for the mixture
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- 3 tablespoon flour
- ½ cup water for the Instant Pot
- Place chopped apples In a round bowl that fits the Instant Pot.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract and stir well.
- Add maple syrup and water mix again.
- In another bowl mix oatmeal, flour and butter.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture on top of the apple mixture.
- Place a trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot and pour ½ cup of water inside.
- Place the apple bowl on the trivet.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
- Make sure to check the quality of apples before shredding it into pieces. Because rip apples ensure better taste as compare to the unripe and green apples.
- For better experience, try to take care of the time and temperature in the instant pot, giving it more temperature may worsen the texture and taste of the recipe.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂