Looking for a comfort meal after a busy day? This is the recipe for you!
This Instant Pot venison stew is a delightful recipe of American cuisine.
You can can a tender and juice meat in only 30 minutes, which is nothing compared to the stove top version.
Can I use pork instead?
Yes. Same instructions and cooking time. You can also check out this Instant Pot Pork Stew recipe.
Can I use Lamb instead?
Yes. Same instructions and cooking time. You can also check out this Instant Pot Lamb Stew recipe.
As for chicken or fish, I would go with the original recipes you can find bellow, since the cooking time is different.
How to serve
This recipe works great with
If you have venison meat and you are looking for a one-pot meal, check out the Instant Pot Venison Roast recipe.
Instant Pot Stew Recipes
Instant Pot Venison Stew
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ lb venison cubed
- 1 onion diced
- 1 pearl onion diced
- 2 ribs celery sliced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup red wine dry
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 potatoes diced
- ½ fresh rosemary chopped
- Press "saute", add butter and flour and mix well.
- Take out the mixture and keep aside.
- Press "saute" and add olive oil.
- Add venison and saute until brown.
- Take out the beef.
- Add onion, pearl onion, celery, carrots, salt, garlic powder, and pepper and mix well.
- Add red wine, beef broth, potatoes, and rosemary and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release. If it takes more than 20 minutes, feel free to do a quick release.
- Add the butter mixture and the venison and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂