This is a delightful stew of American cuisine. Making it in instant pot makes it more tender and juicy. It is a full meal, yet it is very light.
Instant Pot Venison Stew Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb venison or Elk cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ribs celery sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 cuppearl onions
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 cup red wine dry
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 potatoes diced
- 1/2 fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Let it heat for a while and add oil.
- Add in meat and cook it till becomes golden on both sides, remove the meat and set it aside.
- Add in onions, carrots, garlic, celery, onion powder, seasoned salt and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add in wine and deglaze, let the liquid evaporate completely.
- Add beef broth and meat in the instant pot, stir well.
- Add potatoes and rosemary.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 20 minutes, release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes through steam vent.
- In the meantime, take a small pan and place it on the stove on medium heat.
- Melt butter in it and add in the flour.
- Cook until its color changes to a little tan and set it aside.
- When cooking is done, open the lid of the instant pot.
- Add butter mixture in the instant pot and stir well.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
This recipe is part of the biggest FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1081 original and delicious recipes. If you love this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes = Corrie Cooks