This recipe is a great option when you are looking for a comfort dinner.
The Brazilian fish stew is a great source of protein and you can make it in only 15 minutes using your pressure cooker.
What fish to use?
For this recipe I'm using seabass, but you can use cod or halibut as well and follow the same instructions.
Can I add shrimp or clams?
Sure! For full instructions check out this Instant Pot Seafood Stew recipe.
How to serve?
Side dish ideas:
What fish to use?
For this Instant Pot fish stew I used Sea Bass.
You can also use Halibut or Cod.
Instant Pot Fish Stew
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 8 ounce fish broth
- 1 ½ cup water
- ¼ lb potatoes chopped
- ¼ lb carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes with their juices 14-ounce
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lb sea bass filets boneless, skinless, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley for serving
- Press "saute" and add olive oil.
- Add the onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add the white wine and saute for about 1 minute. Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom.
- Select "cancel" and add fish broth, water, potatoes, carrot, tomatoes, paprika, salt pepper anf mix well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Press "saute" and add fish pieces and coconut milk. Saute for
- Stir in the fish pieces and coconut milk and cook for about 5 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Add lemon juice and stir well.
- Add parsley on top and serve 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂