This recipe is a great option when you are looking for a comfort dinner.
The Brazilian fish stew is a great source of protein and you can make it in only 15 minutes using your pressure cooker.
How to serve?
Side dish ideas:
What fish to use?
For this Instant Pot fish stew I used Sea Bass.
You can also use Halibut or Cod.
Instant Pot Seafood Recipes
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounce fish broth
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 lb potatoes chopped
- 1/4 lb carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes with their juices 14-ounce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lb sea bass filets boneless, skinless, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley for serving
- Press "saute" and add olive oil.
- Add the onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add the white wine and saute for about 1 minute. Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom.
- Select "cancel" and add fish broth, water, potatoes, carrot, tomatoes, paprika, salt pepper anf mix well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Press "saute" and add fish pieces and coconut milk. Saute for
- Stir in the fish pieces and coconut milk and cook for about 5 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Add lemon juice and stir well.
- Add parsley on top and serve 🙂