Easy peasy Swedish meatballs made in your Instant Pot in only 10 minutes!
The Meatballs are so delicate and the sauce is so rich and smooth that you’re never gonna get bored of it.
- What are Swedish Meatballs?
- Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs Recipe Video
- Which kind of meat should I opt for?
- Instant Pot Meatball recipes
- Can I freeze it?
- What to do with leftovers?
- How to cook Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs?
- What to serve it with?
- Side dish recipes
- Some useful tips to cook Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs
What are Swedish Meatballs?
Likewise referred to in Sweden as köttbullar, this is an exemplary dish produced using meatballs spiced with nutmeg and allspice.
These meatballs are served in a thick buttery beef gravy sauce made velvety with sour cream.
Hey, are you slobbering already? Cause I do 😉
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs Recipe Video
Which kind of meat should I opt for?
While I utilized beef here, you can utilize any sort of meat that you like.
Remember that on the off chance that you utilize a lean kind of meat like chicken, turkey, or lean beef, it’s ideal to mix it with fattier meat like pork, lamb, or normal grounded meat.
This will adjust the dampness to guarantee you don’t wind up with dry meatballs.
Instant Pot Meatball recipes
Can I freeze it?
Yes you can! Allow the meatballs to chill off to room temperature and store in an impermeable holder.
I like to store this recipe in independently measured compartments to make defrosting simpler.
These meatballs will last as long as 90 days frozen.
What to do with leftovers?
Store these in the cooler in an impermeable holder for 3-4 days.
They are ideal for reheating in the microwave!
In the event that you’d incline toward an alternate choice, you can likewise warm them shrouded in a pan over medium warmth.
Go ahead and add an additional sprinkle of meat stock if the sauce has thickened up something over the top.
How to cook Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs?
Gather the ingredients.
Chop an Onion.
For Meat Balls:
Take a bowl and chuck the grounded beef.
Add 1 packet of French Onion Soup mix and 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs.
Add Worcestershire sauce.
Add an egg and mix well.
Take a tray and start making balls out of the mix.
For the sauce:
Take a bowl and pour heavy cream into it.
Now add melted butter and sour cream to it.
Add Dijon Mustard and Corn Starch.
Add Beef broth.
Mix the mixture well and it will look something like this.
Cook the Meat Balls:
Take your Instant Pot out & pour oil olive.
Add chopped onions to it.
Set the Instant Pot to Saute, and stir well.
Add meatballs into the Pot one by one.
Do not get the Pot Over Crowded.
Let it cook for some time until the balls become whitish then add the cream mix to it.
Now set the pot to high pressure for 4 minutes and cover the lid afterward.
Do a Quick Release.
Dish out your Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs and serve 🙂
What to serve it with?
Swedish meatballs can be filled in as a primary dish over egg noodles, pureed potatoes, or rice.
You can attempt some low-carb alternatives like riced/squashed cauliflower or some zoodles.
You can also serve them as is and enjoy a light meal 🙂
Below you can find more ideas for side dishes.
Side dish recipes
Some useful tips to cook Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs
- Be mindful so as not to stuff the pot. Be patient and fry the meatballs in clumps with the goal that they can be pleasantly seared.
- On the off chance that you change up the grounded meat, utilizing a fattier sort with a lean kind will give you the best outcomes.
- You can utilize gluten-free flour and breadcrumbs in this recipe on the off chance that you need them.
- Try not to avoid the nutmeg and allspice! I realize they seem like fixings just utilized in fall time preparing, yet it’s what lifts these from customary meatballs to Swedish meatballs.
- 1 lb grounded beef
- 1 package french onion soup mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 tbsp butter melted
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Parsley chopped
- Take a bowl and mix together ground beef, soup mix, 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs and egg.
- Make medium size meatballs.
- Take another bowl and mix well all remaining ingredients for the sauce.
- Turn on the Instant Pot, pour some oil, and select saute.
- Add chopped onions and stir.
- Add meatballs and saute until brown.
- Pour the sauce mixture to the Instant Pot and close the lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid, serve and enjoy 🙂