The best way to make wheat berries is in your Instant Pot! Get the perfect side dish each and every time.
So you already know how to make the perfect Jasmine rice in your Instant Pot.
You cooked brown rice several times and even tried to make Instant Pot farro when you wanted to feel really healthy.
Let's diversify the dinner table with this Instant Pot Wheat Berries!
Usually it takes a lot of time, but using your Instant Pot to make wheat berries you get a healthy side dish in only 30 minutes!
Serve these Wheat Berries with any beef or chicken for a complete meal or just add to a fresh salad.
Can I use red wheat berries?
Yes! You can make this Instant Pot Wheat Berries recipe using hard red wheat berries or hard white wheat berries.
Can I double the recipe?
Yes! You can use 2 cups of wheat berries and 6 cups of water. Cooking time is still 30 minutes.
Do I have to use mushrooms?
No. I added them since I like mushrooms, but you definitely take them out or replace them with carrot or bell pepper.
Anyway, the instructions stays the same: add 3 cups of water, cook for 30 minute on high pressure and then do a quick pressure release.
Do I have to use cumin?
No. For a natural taste, feel free to remove the cumin and use only salt and pepper.
Instant Pot Wheat Berries
- 1 cup wheat berries white or red
- 3 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin optional
- 5 mushrooms sliced optional
- Add the wheat berries, mushrooms, water, cumin and salt and pepper to the Instant Pot and stir.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle is done, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and strain the liquid.
- Serve the wheat berries and enjoy 🙂