Why go outside when you can make your own delicious sandwich?
Stay home, save time and money and give a try to this cheesy meaty tasty Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak recipe 🙂
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
Whoever can say no to crispy and buttery Hoagie rolls filled with finger-licking steak containing caramelized onions and loaded with tons and tons of cheese?
Once you gave it a try, You are never going to get over its flavor and would get trapped into its taste.
It takes your sandwich to the level beyond, giving it the finest flavor and upraising its quality. You can use home-baked or buy them from the store but they must be fresh and of good quality.
What else can be the best part of a sandwich? if it already has cooked Rib-Eye Steak! You already know how tender and full of flavors part of meat it is and how silky and chewy it becomes after being cooked or grilled :)) Slice it thinly first for this recipe. Using only ribeye steak is not a condition. You can also use the skirt steak, flank steak, or top round instead.
It will get liquid during cooking or some into translucent soft chunks giving your steak a mild classic touch of flavor!
We'll be using butter on hoagie rolls first before baking them. It will give them a good particular flavor. Secondly, we'll be using butter in cooking. In this step, You can also replace butter with oil 🙂
It'll be unfair to imagine this sandwich without provolone!! Shredded Provolone just goes perfect with Philly cheesesteak, adding in a mild, tangy flavor to it. Make sure you're using good-quality provolone cheese. Or if you don't find any, Fontina cheese works fine as its substitute.
How to make
Here is the step-by-step guide of this recipe for your ease!
Take 3 Garlic Cloves, peel and chop them up, and set them aside.
Take ½ Onion, small dice it, and set it aside.
Take Provolone Cheese, shred it to the quantity of cheese you want in your steak, and set it aside.
Now, Take 4 Hoagie Rolls, Split them ¾ open, and set them aside.
Take 1 lb of Ribeye Steak, Cut it into thin strips, and set it aside.
Right away, Take a working bowl. Add unsalted butter to it.
Then add chopped garlic to it.
Stir it a bit. It will look something like this mixture.
Spoon the mixture in the rolls. Place the inner rolls in the batch of 2 to the air fryer basket, already set in the Instant Pot.
Close the lid. Press 'Bake' and bake them at 400F for 3 minutes. Then open the lid, dish them out, and set them aside.
Now, Take a clean Instant Pot and add some melted butter/oil to it.
Add diced onion to it.
Press 'Sauté' at high and set timings for 5 minutes. Stir butter and Onion then add thinly sliced Ribeye steak to it.
Add a teaspoon of salt to it.
Add a teaspoon of Black Pepper to it.
Add a teaspoon of Chili Flakes to it.
Stir them with help of a wooden spoon, you'll see the meat changing its color then, at last, add Provolone Cheese and mix.
As it melts, Dish out the loaded cheesesteak, fill it inside hoagie buns, and serve immediately!
How to Serve
Philly Cheesesteak is totally delicious on its own but if you actually want to serve it with some side-dish, then serve them with decent yet appetizing side dishes! Hearing this, French Fries and Avocado Fries should be the first coming to your mind! plus cheese dip at the side would make the blustering combination 🙂
Or just have it with crispy onion rings and coleslaw for a complete meal.
Or you can have it as is with milkshake or smoothie at the side!
Looking for more ideas? Check out What to Serve With Philly Cheesesteak for over 15 options.
More Ideas For Marinating Beef?
I would suggest that before cooking, marinate the meat with soy sauce, green papaya, and Worcestershire sauce to get the amazing and juicy flavor.
Can I use another beefsteak?
Other than ribeye you can also use sirloin. If you are finding both of them expensive try using a top round roast.
Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- ½ onion small diced
- provolone cheese shredded
- 4 hoagie rolls split lengthwise
- 1 lb ribeye steak cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Take hoagie rolls, split them lengthwise.
- Take a working bowl, add butter and garlic to it and mix. Spread the mix in the rolls.
- Set an air fryer basket in an instant pot. Place rolls in it. Close the lid and bake at 400F for 3 minutes.
- Dish out the rolls and set them aside.
- Now, add melted butter, diced onions to a clean Instant Pot. Saute at high for 5 minutes. Stir it a bit.
- Add ribeye steak, salt, black pepper, and chili flakes to it. Keep stirring until meat changes its color.
- Finally, add the shredded provolone cheese to it. Mix it up and wait until the cheese melts.
- Dish out the cheesy steaks, divide them over baked buns, and serve it with the dip you love!
- If you're slicing steak yourself, then freeze it before slicing. It'll be quite helpful to you to slice the frozen piece of meat.
- When buying beef, buy shaved beef from the market or tell your butcher to shave the beef.