This toothsome Instant Pot Blooming Onion is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside!
Today we gonna make it on the Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid and get a light and healthy snack.
And believe me, even after skipping the deep fry, this yummy snack still comes out as addicting as ever.
Table of Contents
- What is Blooming Onion?
- Instant Pot Blooming Onion Recipe Video
- Can I freeze the Blooming Onion?
- How to serve
- Can I make it in the oven?
- What else can I try?
- Do I have to make & use blooming sauce?
- How to make Instant Pot Blooming Onion
- Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid Snacks
- Instant Pot Dips
- Instant Pot Blooming Onion
What is Blooming Onion?
The Blooming Onion is an appetizer consisting of one large onion that’s cut to look like a flower.
It's seasoned, battered, and deep-fried to crispy perfection.
Instant Pot Blooming Onion Recipe Video
Can I freeze the Blooming Onion?
Yes. You can keep it in the freezer for 2-3 months.
But to be honest - It's much better to eat fresh.
Next week when you want another one, just make it again using your Instant Pot...
How to serve
Break off a piece with your fingers and dip in the sauce.
Impress your guests with this easy Instant Por recipe...
You can make some dino nuggets in the air fryer and serve together for a complete kid-friendly meal 🙂
Can I make it in the oven?
Yes. Bake at 400 °F for 20 minutes in the oven.
Can I make it in an air fryer?
Yes. Air fry at 300F for 20 minutes. You can also check out Air Fryer Blooming Onion for full instructions + video guide.
What else can I try?
Pour melted butter instead of oil before frying the blooming onion.
Do I have to make & use blooming sauce?
No. You can use a store-bought one.
But we recommend you make your own to enhance the taste.
How to make Instant Pot Blooming Onion
Let's get started with gathering our ingredients.
For blooming onion:
Take an onion and cut in the shape of a flower.
Take ANOTHER bowl, add flour, dried thyme, ground cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, dried oregano, salt, black pepper, and mix.
Now take ANOTHER bowl, add eggs, milk, and whisk.
Get your flower-cut onion and dip in the prepared mixtures.
Soak in the milk mixture first.
After that do it with a flour mixture.
Now take a foil sheet and place the onion on it.
Pour some oil on it and wrap the sheet.
Place a steamer in your Instant Pot and put the wrapped onion into it.
Cover the pot with Air Fryer Lid and set to Air Fry at 390 °F for 25 minutes.
Dish out and enjoy 🙂
You can serve as is, with ketchup or with the dipping sauce below.
For blooming sauce
Take a bowl, add sour cream, garlic powder, ketchup, mayonnaise, dried oregano, black pepper, paprika, and salt.
Mix it and keep it aside.
Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid Snacks
Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cookies
Instant Pot Dips
Instant Pot Blooming Onion
- 1 onion cut as you like
- 2 ½ cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon oil
Dipping sauce - Optional
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon ketchup
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add eggs and milk and whisk.
- In another bowl, mix flour, dried thyme, ground cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Soak the onion in the egg mixture.
- Cover them with the flour mixture.
- Place the onions in aluminium foil.
- Spray or pour some oil on top and wrap with the foil.
- Place the air fryer basket inside the Instant Pot and place the foil with the onions on the bottom.
- Cover with the Air Fryer Lid and Air fry at 390 °F for 25 minutes.
- Open the lid and serve 🙂
Dipping Sauce - Optional
- In a bowl, mix sour cream, garlic powder, ketchup, mayonnaise, dried oregano, black pepper, paprika and salt.
2 thoughts on “Instant Pot Blooming Onion”
It was ok
Seems like it if you rated it 5 stars ◡̈ I hope you enjoyed it.