A very popular street food easily cooked in less than 20 minutes!
This Instant Pot Pav Bhaji is easy to make and has a wonderful taste and a savory aroma.
A wholesome satisfying vegetarian dinner for your perfect weekend.
- What is Pav Bhaji?
- Instant Pot Pav Bhaji Recipe Video
- What is so special about this recipe?
- What is Pav Bhaji masala?
- What else can I add to my recipe?
- Can I replace the potatoes with something else?
- What can I serve as a side dish?
- Can I make it vegan?
- Can I store PavBhaji leftovers?
- How to make Instant Pot Pav Bhaji?
- Instant Pot Indian Recipes
- Instant Pot Curry Recipes
- Instant Pot Pav Bhaji
What is Pav Bhaji?
Pav Bhaji is a famous, flavorful, and toothsome meal made of mashed vegetable gravy with fluffy soft buttery dinner rolls.
Instant Pot Pav Bhaji Recipe Video
What is so special about this recipe?
This Instant Pot Pav Bhaji needs only 20 minutes!
From chopping the vegetables to serving the dish.
You will have delicious, Indian street style Mumbai pav bhaji ready in your Instant Pot.
What is Pav Bhaji masala?
The flavor of the pav bhaji depends on this special masala powder called Pav Bhaji Masala.
What else can I add to my recipe?
You can use any vegetable that you have in your fridge right now. Some ideas:
Can I replace the potatoes with something else?
No. Potatoes are a must! Make sure not to miss the potatoes because it makes the base of the bhaji.
What can I serve as a side dish?
You can serve this recipe with:
Can I make it vegan?
Sure! Just take out the butter and enjoy a vegan and dairy-free recipe 🙂
Can I store PavBhaji leftovers?
Absolutely, leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
You can also store it in the freezer for up to 3 months in the freezer-safe containers.
Just thaw the bhaji overnight in the refrigerator and serve with the dinner rolls.
How to make Instant Pot Pav Bhaji?
Gather all of the required ingredients & let's get started.
Pour some olive oil into the Instant Pot.
Saute previously chopped onions & mince garlic for 3 minutes.
Now, add chopped red bell peppers.
Add previously peeled & chopped potatoes.
Now add previously chopped carrots and some water.
Let's add some chopped tomatoes and cauliflower.
Mix it all.
It's time for us to add spices to the recipe.
Add salt, the magical PavBhaji masala, and red chili powder.
Now we will add some green peas, butter, and shredded ginger.
Mix it all.
Set the pot to High Pressure for 8 minutes.
Do a Natural Release afterward.
Take the cooked meal and blend it well.
Dish out the blended mixture and enjoy 🙂
Instant Pot Indian Recipes
Instant Pot Curry Recipes
Instant Pot Pav Bhaji
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 small carrots cut in pieces
- ½ cup water
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower cut in small pieces
- 2 tablespoon ginger shredded
- 1 ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon pavbhaji masala
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup green peas
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice for serving
- Press saute and add olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, potato, carrots, and water and stir well.
- Add tomatoes, cauliflower, salt, pavbhaji masala, red chili powder, green peas, ginger and butter and mix well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Blend the mixture using a hand blender or an immersion blender.
- Stir in lemon juice and serve 🙂