Looking for a rich, fulfilling, and hearty meal? This Instant Pot lentil curry recipe is perfect for you!
The curry is characterized by amazing flavor, while not being too spicy. The lentils curry is ideal for a busy workday or just when craving some comfort food. A perfect and simple one-pot meal completely hands-free.
For this Instant Pot red lentil curry, all you need are simple ingredients: lentils, curry paste, and coconut milk.
The Instant pot will do what it takes - cook the lentils to perfection. They are not hard to cook, but with the Instant pot, they really look and taste different. Due to high-pressure cooking, they will be super tender and rich in flavor.
- Can I use green lentils?
- Can I use brown lentils?
- Can I use black lentils?
- Do I need to pre-soak the lentils?
- Can I replace the red curry paste?
- Do I have to use coconut milk?
- What If I don't have coconut milk but I want to make the recipe right now?
- How to make
- Instant Pot Lentil recipes
- Instant Pot Curry Recipes
- Instant Pot Lentil Curry
Can I use green lentils?
Yes you can, And then you will have Instant Pot green lentil curry instead.
Can I use brown lentils?
Yes you can!
Can I use black lentils?
Yes you can!
Do I need to pre-soak the lentils?
No! No pre-soak needed for this Instant Pot Lentil Curry.
Can I replace the red curry paste?
Red curry paste is not always available. If you cannot find the red curry paste then just use the curry powder.
The rule is to substitute 1 tablespoon of curry paste for 1 teaspoon curry powder.
If you want that red color, you add 2 tablespoon tomato paste.
Do I have to use coconut milk?
Yes. Nothing beats coconut milk in lentil curry. You cannot expect the same flavor without the coconut milk or creaminess.
What If I don't have coconut milk but I want to make the recipe right now?
If you do not have one, you can use almond milk or heavy cream.
It will not have the same consistency but will work.
How to make
Gather your ingredients:
Heat oil in Instant Pot on Saute. Add carrots, garlic, and onion and cook for 6-7 minutes.
Add lentils and red curry paste. Stir gently.
Add coconut milk, vegetable broth strained tomatoes, and stir gently.
Lock lid into place. Select Manual and set to High pressure. Set the timer to 8 minutes.
Perform a quick pressure release and serve curry warm.
Instant Pot Lentil recipes
Instant Pot Curry Recipes
Instant Pot Lentil Curry
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups red lentils
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ can strained tomatoes
- 6 tablespoon red curry paste
- Lime and cilantro for garnish
- Add oil to the Instant Pot and press “sauté”, add garlic, onions and carrots into it.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes till the onions turn brown and the sides of the carrots are seared.
- Add lentils and red curry paste and stir well, turn off “sauté” function.
- Add remaining contents and mix.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 9 minutes.
- When cooking cycle ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with lime and fresh cilantro.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂