This is a delightful dish which can be easily made in instant pot. The spices used in it has amazing aroma, they also enhance its taste.
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion medium
- 1 lime juice
- 4 tbsp chiptoles in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup water
- 3 lb roast
- 2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 3 bay leaves
- Add garlic, onion, cumin, oregano, lime juice, chipotles, cloves and water in a blender.
- Blend until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Season the meat with salt and black pepper.
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add oil, meat and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the blended mixture in the pot.
- Add bay leaves and close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 65 minutes, release the pressure naturally through steam vent.
- Open the lid and shred the meat.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well and enjoy.
Calories: 196kcal Carbohydrates: 3g Protein: 33g Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 2g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 86mg Sodium: 2925mg Potassium: 463mg Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Vitamin A: 22IU Vitamin C: 70mg Calcium: 445mg Iron: 4mg
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.