This is a delightful dish which can be easily made in instant pot. The spices used in it has amazing aroma, they also enhance its taste.
Instant Pot Barbacoa Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion medium
- 1 lime juice
- 4 tbsp chiptoles in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup water
- 3 lb roast
- 2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 3 bay leaves
- Add garlic, onion, cumin, oregano, lime juice, chipotles, cloves and water in a blender.
- Blend until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Season the meat with salt and black pepper.
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add oil, meat and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the blended mixture in the pot.
- Add bay leaves and close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 65 minutes, release the pressure naturally through steam vent.
- Open the lid and shred the meat.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well and enjoy.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.