This Instant Pot Lentil Soup is a very healthy soup you an make in your pressure cooker and enjoy a get a delicious treat for lentil lovers.
It has an exquisite taste and an amazing aroma. Just like the Instant Pot chickpea curry, it’s also vegetarian and even vegan-friendly.
If you like this lentil recipe, you gonna like the Instant Pot Black Bean Soup as well.
- 1 cup brown lentils/masoor dal
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots cut into small pieces
- 3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 stalks celery cut into small pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach packed
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme dried
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp salt
- Add oil, garlic and onions in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 1 minute, add carrots, celery and all the spices along with thyme.
- Now, add broth and lentils in the inner pot. Stir gently.
- Press “Cancel” and close the lid of Instant pot.
- Press “Soup” and cook for about 20 minutes on LOW pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally through the steam vent and press “Cancel”.
- Open the lid and stir in lemon juice and spinach.
- Dish out and serve hot.