An epic dining experience of a super healthy fish for whole family… This steamed halibut fillets are flavored with a naturally creamy sauce that is prepared with avocado, garlic, basil, capers and lemon.
Instant Pot Halibut in Green Sauce Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest grated finely
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients except halibut and water and with a fork, mash completely.
- Place fillets in the center of a large greased piece of foil and top with avocado mixture evenly.
- Fold the foil around fillets to seal it.
- Arrange the trivet in the bottom of Instant Pot and pour the water.
- Place the foil packet on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “HighPressure” for about 8 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to broiler.
- Remove the lid of Instant Pot and transfer the halibut fillets onto a broiler pan.
- Broil for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks