Looking for healthy and high protein meal? This Instant Pot cod is the recipe for you :]
This is a great & classic fish recipe you can make easily in your Instant Pot (or any other pressure cooker) for a quick and easy dinner.
Perfect main dish in only 20 minutes total!
Table of Contents
Can I use frozen Cod?
Yes, you an use frozen fish for this Instant Pot Mediterranean cod recipe. Just add 2 minutes to the cooking time.
What other fish can I use?
I you don't have cod, this Instant Pot recipe would work great with Haddock, Pollack, Stripped Bass, Hake or Mahi Mahi.
You can also use it for fish tacos.
How to serve?
For a complete and healthy meal, you can serve the Instant Pot cod with plain rice, brown rice, farro or as I did - with Zoodles (zucchini noodles) .
Instant Pot Mediterranean Cod
- 4 pieces cod frozen or fresh
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Press saute and add butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except cod) into the Instant Pot and Sauté for 9 minutes.
- Add the fish and use a spoon to cover each piece of fish with sauce.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes (frozen fish) or 3 minutes (fresh fish).
- When cooking time is complete do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
21 thoughts on “Instant Pot Mediterranean Cod”
Tried this recipe as directed and the instant pot never fully pressurized (likely due to the lack of fluid even though I added the remainder of the can of sauce once cooking for 9 minutes left very little liquid in the pot). I used frozen cod. The sauce burned and I had to check the temp of each fillet to make sure we could still eat it. Too bad.
Oh no, I'm sorry the recipe didn't work out for you. Different pressure cooker models work a little differently, so sounds like you need to add more liquid to yours in the future.