If you love exotic flavors, don’t miss this recipe that can be adapted to any kind of fish (of the same size, of course): play with different combinations of flavors and mix spices and herbs to create new pairings!
To prepare seafood using an Instant Pot, it is best to buy fresh products and not frozen items, to be sure to get the perfect texture and not wasting too much time with a long cooking. You can also use another similar electric pressure cooker to prepare this flavorful dish, to be served with some plain rice for light dinner.
- 4 mahi-mahi fillets about 1.7 lb
- 7 tomatoes peeled and diced
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp chili powder
- Dried oregano to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh minced cilantro to taste
- Sprinkle your fish fillets with salt, pepper and dried oregano.
- Place butter into your Instant Pot and press “Sauté”.
- Add onion, garlic, tomatoes, chili powder and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, until you obtain a sort of thick sauce.
- Add your fish fillets and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp water, lock your Instant Pot and cook for about 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the steam quickly and serve your fillets topped with their spicy tomato sauce and sprinkled with fresh cilantro.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!