Delicious fajitas in just a few minutes and with only 6 ingredients…
This is a perfect recipe for those who have lack of time but want to enjoy something delicious. It is perfect for busy weeknights. but also ideal for feeding the crowd.
Fajitas are a staple of Mexican cuisine. They are a perfect mix of chicken, bell peppers and spices. You can serve these in plain tortilla, whole-wheat, or corn tortilla.
Do I have to use chicken breasts?
No, it is not mandatory, but you can slice these really nice and thin. You can choose other parts of the chicken.
Can I use beef instead of chicken?
Yes.. But then you will have beef fajitas 🙂
Do I need to use different peppers?
No, it is not mandatory. The three types of peppers look just visually better and inviting. But if you have just one kind it will be okay.
What else to add?
This recipe is quite basic and we will stick with it. No need to add or subtract anything. You can get fancy during the serving part, and serve your fajitas with sour cream, maybe some avocado, or with guacamole.
How to make Chicken Fajitas
Gather your ingredients:
In a bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, and cumin.
Add the chicken and toss to coat well.
Transfer the chicken into the Instant Pot. Drizzle over any remaining oil mixture. Pour in 1/4 cup of the stock, and top the chicken with bell peppers, and onion.
Close the lid and select Manual. Set to High pressure and set the timer to 7 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is done, perform a Natural pressure release for 5 minutes. Quick-release any remaining pressure.
Serve chicken and peppers over tortillas.
- 1 lb chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3 bell peppers, mixed colors sliced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 onion diced
- 4 flour tortillas
- In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, paprika, cumin, and chili powder.
- Add chicken and stir to coat.
- Transfer the chicken into the Instant Pot. Add stock.
- Top the chicken with bell peppers and onion.
- Lock lid into place. Select High Pressure. Cook for 7 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is done, perform a Natural pressure rečease for 5 minutes. Quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Serve chicken fajitas with corn tortilla.