Delicious fajitas in just a few minutes and with only 6 ingredients. Easy and colorful recipe thanks to the Instant Pot :]
This Instant Pot chicken fajitas recipe is perfect for those who have lack of time but want to enjoy something delicious. It is perfect for busy weeknights and ideal for feeding the crowd and make a great impression.
Fajitas are a staple of Mexican cuisine. They are a perfect mix of chicken, bell peppers and spices.
What kind of tortillas do I need?
For this chicken fajitas recipe you can use plain tortilla, whole-wheat, or corn tortilla.
Can I Use different chicken cuts?
Yes, you can choose other parts of the chicken for this Instant Pot chicken fajitas.
For example you an use chicken thighs, just make sure you slice these really nice and thin.
Can I use beef instead of chicken?
Yes, but then you will have Instant Pot beef fajitas ^_^
Do I need to use different peppers?
No, it is not mandatory. The three types of peppers look just visually better and inviting. But if you have just one kind it will be okay.
What else to add?
This recipe is quite basic and we will stick with it. No need to add or subtract anything. You can get fancy during the serving part, and serve your fajitas with sour cream, maybe some avocado, or with guacamole.
How to make
Gather your ingredients:
In a bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, and cumin.
Add the chicken and toss to coat well.
Transfer the chicken into the Instant Pot. Drizzle over any remaining oil mixture. Pour in ¼ cup of the stock, and top the chicken with bell peppers, and onion.
Close the lid and select Manual. Set to High pressure and set the timer to 7 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is done, perform a Natural pressure release for 5 minutes. Quick-release any remaining pressure.
Serve chicken and peppers over tortillas and enjoy :]
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
- 1 lb chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- ¼ cup chicken stock or water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 bell peppers, mixed colors sliced
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 onion diced
- 4 flour tortillas
- In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, paprika, cumin, and chili powder.
- Add chicken and stir to coat.
- Transfer the chicken into the Instant Pot. Add stock.
- Top the chicken with bell peppers and onion.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release for 5 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick release and open the lid.
- Serve with corn tortilla and enjoy 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂