Amazing one-pot meal you can make in the Instant Pot in less than 20 minutes.
Delicious mixture of rice, fish and spices you an serve for dinner or lunch.
Please note that this Instant Pot recipe is spicy. If you don't like hot food, you can remove the jalapeno peppers.
You can add different flavors in it according to your choice and enjoy it.
Which fish to use?
Free to use any fish you like. Cod or Salmon work best in my opinion.
Instant Pot Biryani Recipes
Instant Pot Fish Biryani
- 1 cup basmati rice rinsed and drained
- 1 lb fish boneless
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 jalapeno peppers diced
- 1 cup onion thinly sliced
- 1 piece ginger thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 5 peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves
- cilantro for serving
- mint for serving
- Press saute and add ghee.
- Add the spices and saute for 1 minute.
- Add garlic cloves, jalapeno peppers, onion and ginger and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add fish and sauté for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add water, rice and salt and stir.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When cooking tiem is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid, add mint and cilantro on top and serve.