Another dish with a rich & spicy biryani.
You can add different flavors in it according to your choice and enjoy it.
Also feel free to use any fish you like: Cod or Salmon work best in my opinion.
- 1 cup basmati rice rinsed and drained
- 1 lb fish boneless
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers diced
- 7 sprigs mint finely chopped
- 1 cup onion thinly sliced
- 1 piece ginger thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 5 peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add ghee and spices in it and sauté for 50 seconds.
- Add all veggies except mint, cilantro and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add fish and sauté for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add water, rice and salt.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set instant pot to Manual at high pressure and cook for 6 minutes. Release the pressure naturally for 5 minutes through steam vent.
- Dish out and serve with the garnishing of mint and cilantro.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.