The sweet and sour chicken having origins in China is a "chopstick licking" tasty!
This Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe is one healthy substitute without doing compromising on the flavors.
Adjust the sugar according to your own taste for an amazing experience.
Can I use any other kind of meat?
We recommend using boneless chicken breasts instead of thighs.
You can swap the meat with your preference.
Utilize chicken thighs, but you may not get the same taste.
How to serve
Can I store leftovers?
Yes, keep in an airtight container and freeze for up to 4 months.
To reheat, thaw in the fridge for a night before serving.
How to make Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken?
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Add vinegar, sugar, ketchup, sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic in the Instant Pot.
Saute for 2 minutes and stir well.
Take a bowl and mix a tablespoon of cornstarch in water.
Pour the cornstarch mixture into the instant pot.
Transfer the chicken pieces into a bowl and marinate with salt, black pepper, and cornstarch.
Saute the pot for 1 minute.
Add marinated chicken to the pot and saute for 5 more minutes.
Stir and let the chicken cook.
Dish out and enjoy.
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipe
Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 ¼ lb chicken breast diced
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon cornstarch divided
- 2 tablespoon water
- Add vinegar, sugar, ketchup, sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic to the Instant Pot
- Saute for 2 minutes and stir well.
- In a bowl mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with water.
- Pour the mixture to the Instant Pot and saute for 1 more minute.
- In another bowl, mix chicken, salt, black pepper, and 3 tablespoon cornstarch.
- Add marinated chicken to the pot and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂