A classic ! Who doesn’t love chili for dinner? This comforting dish is ideal for cold winter days when you just wanna lie down on couch and do nothing.
Usually the chili recipes require to be simmered for several hours, but using the Instant Pot we can make this whole dish for less than 30 minutes. Oh and don’t worry about the taste, it’s even better that way!
This Mexican dish is super-balanced and gives as everything we need. The beans and meat gives us protein, and the vegetables – vitamins and fiber.
This time I decided to take a picture of every step I did in order to make it easier for you to follow. Hope it helps. You can find the regular recipe on the bottom of the page.
First I saute the beef:
Then I saute all the veggies and spices:
Then I add the beans and beef and cooking at high pressure:
Then I add coriander and yogurt and serve:
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g ground beef
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tin red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tin white kidney beans
- 1 tin tomatoes in diced chopped
- 1/2 tbsp tomato puree or more to tatse
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 carrot finely chopped
- 2 stalk celery finely chopped
- 1 red pepper finely chopped
- 2 large garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder or more to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pinch crushed chili flakes or more to taste
- 4 cups beef stock
- fresh coriander to garnish
- Add olive oil into the Instant Pot and press “Sauté”.
- Add ground beef and cook for a few minutes until it's brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Move the into a bowl and clean the bottom of the pot a bit if necessary.
- Add oil, onion, carrots, celery, red pepper and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, and crushed chili flakes and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add beef stock, cooked beef, tomatoes, and beans.
- Secure the lid and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking ends, do a quick pressure release (move the vent to "venting" and wait till the valve pop).
- Stir in lemon juice and tomato puree.
- Serve hot and enjoy! You can add coriander for garnish.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks