Instant pot potato creamy corn chowder is amazing. It is creamy, cozy and soupy. Best to have on cold winter nights.
This is what we call comforting food. Perfectly cooked corn and potatoes, with some bacon in rich soup base. The chowder is an excellent starter or even a meal itself. It is very satisfying and fulfilling sou you will not go wrong if you serve one with fresh salad and some homemade bread.
The recipe can be adjusted and made even with cheddar cheese. This r recipe calls for a slurry to make it thicker, but you can skip that and use 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. It will give an impeccable aroma and perfect creaminess.
How To Make Potato Corn Chowder
Gather your ingredients:
Select the Saute option and once hot add some oil. Cook onions and bacon for 3 minutes. Stir in garlic powder.
Once you have a fragrant mix, pour in the stock. Add corn, thyme, and potatoes. Add cayenne, if using and adjust the seasonings.
Lock the lid I not place. Select High-Pressure and cook the chowder for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, whisk heavy cream and flour to make a slurry.
Perform a quick pressure release and open the Instant Pot. Stir in the slurry and cook until the chowder is thickened.
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 1 onion diced
- 4 red potatoes chopped
- 16 ounce can corns
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- pinch cayenne pepper
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- Turn on the Instant Pot and select sauté.
- Add bacon and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add onion and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Add garlic powder, vegetable stock, potatoes, corn, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Take a bowl and whisk heavy cream in it, set it aside for a while.
- Open the lid of the Instant pot and select saute.
- Let it boil and stir in the heavy cream. Cook for 5 more minutes on saute.
- Serve and enjoy.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks