This Instant pot potato corn chowder recipe is the perfect soup for winter!
The corn chowder is creamy, cozy and soupy and it's a full and healthy meal.
This is what we call comforting food. Perfectly cooked corn and potatoes, with some bacon in rich soup base.
The chowder is an excellent starter or even a meal itself. It is very satisfying and fulfilling soup
The Instant Pot potato corn chowder recipe can be adjusted and made even with cheddar cheese.
This recipe calls for a slurry to make it thicker, but you can skip that and use 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. It will give an impeccable aroma and perfect creaminess.
If you like soups with potatoes and bacon, check out the Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana recipe.
If you like potatoes, check out this Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup.
How to serve?
You can eat this corn chowder as is or with fresh salad and some homemade Instant Pot bread.
How To Make Potato Corn Chowder
Gather your ingredients:
Select the Saute option and once hot add some oil. Cook onions and bacon for 3 minutes. Stir in garlic powder.
Once you have a fragrant mix, pour in the stock. Add corn, thyme, and potatoes. Add cayenne, if using and adjust the seasonings.
Lock the lid I not place. Select High-Pressure and cook the chowder for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, whisk heavy cream and flour to make a slurry.
Perform a quick pressure release and open the Instant Pot. Stir in the slurry and cook until the chowder is thickened.
Instant Pot Potato Recipes
Instant Pot Potato Corn Chowder
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 1 onion diced
- 4 red potatoes chopped
- 16 ounce can corns
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- pinch cayenne pepper
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon all purpose flour
- Turn on the Instant Pot and select sauté.
- Add bacon and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add onion and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Add garlic powder, vegetable stock, potatoes, corn, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Take a bowl and whisk heavy cream in it, set it aside for a while.
- Open the lid of the Instant pot and select saute.
- Let it boil and stir in the heavy cream. Cook for 5 more minutes on saute.
- Serve and enjoy.