Aloo Gobi is an Indian dish. It is a mix of potatoes and cauliflower, cooked in fragrant spices. The Aloo Gobi is a simple spiced vegetable mix, usually served with Dals or curries.
You may find many Instant Pot Aloo Gobi recipes, and some of them will not turn out okay. Sometimes the veggies become mushy, especially cauliflower. Luckily recipe here is specially developed and tested to give you the best Aloo Gobi you can make.
How to make perfect Aloo Gobi?
- Make sure your veggies are the same size, and not smaller than 1.5-inch.
- Also, this recipe uses a small amount of water, so stick to it. It will be enough and if you add more, the cauliflower will become mushy.
- Make sure you cook the potatoes before adding cauliflower, as they need more time.
Which spices to use?
You can use substitutional spices instead of suggested – coriander instead of cumin, garam masala instead of curry, or Maca instead of mango powder. You can play with desired spices and create something really unique.
How to serve Aloo Gobi?
You can serve the Instant Pot Aloo Gobi as a side dish, but also as a main dish. It is rich in minerals, vitamins, and fibers. It will fill you up for a long time especially if served with some naan bread.
Is it Vegan Friendly?
Yes, this is a Vegan-friendly dish. It has no animal ingredients and is completely cruelty-free.
How to make Aloo Gobi
Gather your ingredients.
In Instant Pot cook cumin on Saute for 30 seconds. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes.
Add ginger-garlic mix and cook until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes or until soft.
Add chopped potatoes, and spices.
Add 2 tbsps of water and cover the Pot with a lid. Do not lock. Cook for 3 minutes.
Deglaze the Pot by adding 3 tbsp water. Stir gently and place cauliflower on top of the potatoes.
Close the Pot with its lid and select Manual. Set the pressure to Low. Cook for 3 minutes.
Do a quick pressure release and stir gently. Serve Aloo gobi warm.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 tsp mango powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 potatoes peeled, cubed
- 5-6 tbsp water
- 1 head cauliflower around 1lb.
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Chop everything in equal pieces.
- Heat oil in Instant Pot on Saute. Add cumin seeds and cook for 30 seconds. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes or until they are soft.
- Add potatoes and 3 tbsp water. Add spices.
- Cover with lid and cook for 3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot with the rest of the water and add cauliflower on top of the potatoes.
- Close the Instant Pot with lid and select Low Pressure. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Perform a natural pressure release. Open the lid and stir gently.
- Serve warm, garnished with chopped cilantro.