Let’s cook delicious tempeh with a mixture of fresh veggies using this simple Instant Pot recipe.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz tempeh cubed
- ¼-½ cup vegetable broth divided
- 1-3 tsp tamari
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 2 cup fresh kale trimmed stems & ribs and sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest grated freshly
- fresh chopped cilantro for garnishing
- Select “Sauté” function on Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Heat oil to its cooking pot and add tempeh. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add 3 tbsp broth and tamari to the cooker and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in sweet potato and remaining broth.
- Secure the lid and cook on “Manual” function for 2 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the steam through quick release then remove the lid.
- Add kale and secure the lid again.
- Cook for another 1 minute at high pressure.
- Release the pressure completely and remove the lid.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest and cilantro.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.