A delicious custard you can serve as dessert for your family dinners. You can prepare tapioca pudding in advance, and keep it up to 2 days in the refrigerator
This pressure cooker tapioca pudding recipe is really quick and easy to make, and the delicate vanilla flavor will surely please both adults and kids.
You can serve it hot, warm or cold and top it with whipped cream, ice cream or fresh fruits to taste.
Instead of vanilla, you can also use lemon juice and you can replace plain milk with soy or almond milk.
- 11/2 cups water
- ½ cup tapioca pearls
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup suger
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- Mix tapioca and water inside your Instant Pot.
- Cook at high pressure for about 7 minutes.
- Let the steam release naturally for about 10 minutes. Then release the rest of the steam and open the lid.
- Add sugar, pinch of salt and stir slowly.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks, heavy cream and milk.
- Slowly pour the mixture into your Instant Pot, while stirring constantly.
- Select “Sauté” and cook until it starts to boil, then turn off you Instant Pot.
- Add vanilla and keep stirring, until you obtain a homogeneous texture.
- Keep in mind that your dessert will be firmer when it cools, so that you can choose to serve a smooth hot custard or a firm and cold pudding, as you prefer.
If you loved this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!