This Tapioca Pudding is a delicious custard you can serve as dessert for your family dinners.
Usually, sweet desserts take hours to be prepared, but this pressure cooker recipe is really quick and easy to make.
The delicate vanilla flavor will surely please your guests, but if you want you can add chocolate to make it kid-friendly.
- How to serve?
- Tapioca pudding recipe video
- The package says I should soak it in water overnight. Do I have to do it?
- Do I have to use vanilla extract?
- Should I serve it hot or cold?
- Do I have to use a plain milk?
- Can I keep it for later use?
- More pudding recipes
- How to make Tapioca Pudding
- Instant Pot Tapioca Pudding
How to serve?
You can serve it hot, warm or cold and top it with whipped cream, ice cream or fresh fruits to taste.
Tapioca pudding recipe video
The package says I should soak it in water overnight. Do I have to do it?
No! Thanks to the Instant Pot, you don't have to soak the tapioca even for 1 minute. The Instant Pot does all the work!
Do I have to use vanilla extract?
No. This Instant Pot tapioca pudding would still be great without vanilla extract.
Instead of vanilla, you can use orange extract or lemon juice.
Should I serve it hot or cold?
This Instant Pot tapioca pudding will be firmer when it cools, so that you can choose to serve a smooth hot custard or a firm and cold pudding.
Both ways are fine 🙂
Do I have to use a plain milk?
Can I keep it for later use?
Yes. You can keep it for up to 3 days in the fridge.
More pudding recipes
How to make Tapioca Pudding
Gather your ingredients:
Mix Tapioca and water inside your Instant Pot. Cook at high pressure for about 7 minutes. Let the steam release naturally for about 10 minutes. Then release the rest of the steam and open the lid.
Add sugar, a pinch of salt, and stir slowly.
Separate the egg yolks
Add milk mixture and cream, while stirring it slowly.
Add vanilla and keep stirring, until you obtain a homogeneous texture.
Slowly pour the mixture into the Instant Pot while stirring.
Press "saute" and saute until boiling.
Add vanilla extract and stir well.
Serve and enjoy this healthy dessert.
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup tapioca pearls
- ¼ cup suger
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix tapioca and water inside your Instant Pot.
- Cook at high pressure for about 7 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural release for 10 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Add sugar, and a pinch of salt and stir slowly.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks, heavy cream and milk.
- Slowly pour the mixture into the Instant Pot, while stirring constantly.
- Select “Sauté” and cook until it starts to boil. Press "cancel".
- Add vanilla extract and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂