A warm/ hot stew on winter evening that's hearty, fills you up, and feels light at the same time.
This quick one-pot stew requires minimum ingredients and will add much to your dinner table.
Why This Recipe Works
Instant Pot Posole uses pork as the main ingredient. The recipe is made in pure Mexican style using all the items that bring out the true Mexican flavor. Guajillo chili used in the recipe makes it unique. Now you can enjoy your favorite Instant Pot Pozole at home using the slow cooker function.
I would highly recommend Pork lovers to try my roasted pork recipe as well.
Pork- the main ingredient of the recipe is pork meat. High in protein and having various minerals, pork is considered healthy meat if consumed in moderation. Make sure to buy very fresh pork from your favorite shop.
Corn- rich in minerals and vitamins corn is very healthy to eat. Corn is also a great source of fiber and can also help if you are struggling to lose some weight.
Guajillo chili- the most widely used ingredient in Mexican cuisine adds the essential flavor to the Instant Pot Pozole.
Salt and Pepper- important ingredients which you can add as per your taste.
Garlic cloves- both beneficial for taste and health. It is a strong flavoring agency and perfect for stable blood pressure, cholesterol, and immune system.
How to make
Get all the ingredients
Put the onion in a blender
Add guajilo chilies to it
Peel and add a garlic clove
Put some cumin powder
Add 1 teaspoon salt or as per your taste
Pour ¼ cup of water and blend
Pour some corn oil into the Instantpot, add pork and saute at normal for 7 minutes
Now pour the blended paste into the pot
Add ½ cup of water and some black pepper to the mixture
Add 1 teaspoon salt again or as per taste
Cook at slow pressure for 10 hours
You would start seeing the good color of the dish.
Give a quick release, dish out and serve
How to Serve
Garnish with some cabbage, lettuce and, reddish. Serve hot with some salsas, salads, sour cream, or you can just have the stew as it is. You can even serve it with potato salad which I prepared earlier. If you loved the recipe, you should try my similar Spanish pork stew too.
FAQ About Instant Pot Pozole
Can Dried Hominy be cooked without soaking?
It is not suggested to cook dried Hominy without soaking, as it will not bring out the desired results in the recipe. Therefore it is always better to soak the dried Hominy for the whole night before cooking.
Is pozole a healthy food?
Pozole is not just an ordinary stew it contains various vitamins and minerals thus, is considered a very healthy meal.
More Pork Recipes
Instant Pot Pozole
- 1 lb Pork
- ½ Onion
- 4 Guajillo Peppers
- 2 Garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Corn oil
- 1.5 lb Peanut corn
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- ¾ Cup Water
- Add ½ onion in a blender
- Now put guajillo chilies and garlic clove in it
- Add salt, cumin powder, and ¼ cup of water in it and blend until a paste is formed
- Put 2 teaspoon of corn oil into the instant pot and add pork to it
- Saute at normal pressure for 7 minutes
- Now add the blended paste and ¼ lb of corn to the mix
- Add ½ cup of water, 1tsp salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix it well and cook at slow pressure for 10 hours
- Instant Pot Pozole is ready to eat after a quick release
- You can always adjust the seasonings and flavors according to your taste
- Ancho chilies can also be used to add in some more spice but make sure to go for only dried chilies.
- The recipe is flexible to the kind of meat used and pork can be replaced by chicken.
- If you are in a hurry, you can use pressure cook at high pressure for 40 minutes instead of using the slow cooker function.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂