This caramelized pork is great for dinner and the result is much better than your favorite restaurant 🙂
A fantastic way to transform the pork meat into a spectacular dish.
This tender pork is cooked in a balanced sweet and savory caramel sauce with an extra delish touch.
Which pork type should I use?
For this recipe you can use pork belly or Pork butt.
How to serve
This dish has a lot of taste, so we are looking for something natural, like
Instant Pot Fried Rice (as you can see in the image bellow)
Instant Pot Pork Recipes
Instant Pot Pork Stroganoff (one-pot meal)
Instant Pot Pork Chops and Potatoes (one-pot meal)
looking for more ideas? Check out our Instant Pot Pork Recipes page.
Instant Pot Caramelized Pork
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 lb pork butt cut into cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 scallion chopped
- Press "saute" and add oil.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper and saute for 5 minutes until brown.
- Add the brown sugar and cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir in the garlic and onion saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, broth and water.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural release for 10 minutes and than do a quick release.
- Open the lid, serve and enjoy 🙂