Looking for a delicious main dish? This pork shoulder is a great option for you.
This pork shoulder is comforting, juicy and tender. The onion and garlic makes it so perfect in taste that anyone can fall for it.
Best family meal to have using only simple ingredients.
How to make Pork Shoulder
Gather your ingredients:
Season pork shoulder with salt and pepper on both sides.
Sauté pork shoulder for 5 minutes on both sides.
Take out the pork shoulder on a plate, cut into thick slices and set it aside.
Add onion, ginger in the instant pot and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add in garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
Pour ½ cup of water in the instant pot, deglaze, mix and turn it off.
Add soy sauce and pork shoulder slices in the instant pot.
Close the lid of the instant pot. Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 6 minutes, release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes.
Bring liquid to a simmer and place pork shoulder slices in a serving bowl.
Add green onion.
Add thickener in the liquid till the desired consistency has reached.
Add pork shoulder slices back in the sauce.
Serve and enjoy with your favorite side dish!
- 2 lb pork shoulder
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 2 stalks green onions cut into 2 inches
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- Turn on the Instant Pot, add oil and select saute.
- Season pork shoulder with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Saute pork shoulder for 5 minutes on each side.
- Take out the pork shoulder, place on a plate, cut into thick slices and set it aside.
- Place onion and ginger in the Instant Pot and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
- Pour ½ cup of water in the Instant Pot, deglaze and mix.
- Add soy sauce and pork shoulder slices in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Once done, open the lid.
- Press saute, bring liquid to a simmer and take out the pork shoulder.
- Add green onions to the Instant Pot.
- In as small bowl, mix cornstarch with 3 tbsp of water and add the slurry to the Instant Pot.
- Add pork shoulder slices back in the sauce and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy!