This pork shoulder is comforting, juicy and tender. The onion and garlic makes it so perfect in taste that anyone can fall for it. Best family meal to have.
Instant Pot Pork Shoulder Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 lb pork shoulder
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 2 stalks green onions cut into 2 inches
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- Turn on the instant pot, select sauté and wait till pot becomes hot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil in the instant pot.
- Season pork shoulder with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Sauté pork shoulder for 5 minutes on both sides.
- Take out the pork shoulder on a plate, cut into thick slices and set it aside.
- Add onion, ginger in the instant pot and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add in garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Pour ½ cup of water in the instant pot, deglaze, mix and turn it off.
- Add soy sauce and pork shoulder slices in the instant pot.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 6 minutes, release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid of the instant pot.
- Bring liquid to a simmer and place pork shoulder slices in a serving bowl.
- Add in green onions in the instant pot.
- Take a small bowl and add in thickener ingredients, mix well.
- Add thickener in the liquid till the desired consistency has reached.
- Add pork shoulder slices back in the sauce.
- Serve with any side dish you like and enjoy!
This recipe is part of my FREE recipe index, where you can find the best Instant Pot recipes. If you love this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks