This mouth-watering saag paneer is a famous Asian cuisine, it is mainly cooked in India and all Indian spices make it even more delicious.
Serve with jasmine or basmati rice for a complete meal 🙂
Just like the Palak Paneer, this recipe is healthy and vegetarian.
Can I use frozen Spinach?
You can use either fresh or frozen, it's up to you.
Make sure you thaw them overnight before using them.
What else can I use?
Substitute Spinach with Mustard leaves.
Mustard leaves add an amazing taste to your recipe so utilize them if you can.
How can I have variations with the recipe?
Try to play around adding up different ingredients as well. Try to add:
- diced potatoes,
- Palak Paneer,
How to serve?
Choose the side dish according to your preference.
How to make Instant Pot Saag Paneer?
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Saute the instant pot for 2 minutes.
Add butter, chili, shallots, spinach, tomato paste, water, and mix.
Do a natural release.
Transfer cooked food to a blender and blend using an immersion blender to make it smooth.
Transfer the blended mixture into the pot.
Saute the pot for 5 minutes and add all the spices to the pot.
Now add diced cottage cheese, bay leaves, and mix.
Take out, serve and enjoy.
More Instant Pot Indian recipes
Instant Pot Saag Paneer
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots chopped
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 green chili slices
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 2 onions cut in large pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 9 oz spinach
- 10 oz cottage cheese diced
- ½ teaspoon turmeric ground
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes ground
- ½ cup coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Saute the instant pot for 2 minutes.
- Add butter, chili, shallots, spinach, tomato paste, water, and mix.
- Set the pot to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Do a natural release.
- Transfer cooked food to a blender and blend using an immersion blender to make it smooth.
- Transfer the blended mixture into the pot.
- Saute the pot for 5 minutes.
- Add all the spices to the pot.
- Now add diced cottage cheese, bay leaves, and mix.
- Take out, serve and enjoy.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂