Tender and juicy lobster tails topped with a smooth and delicate butter sauce are just 10 minutes away! If you love seafood, you can’t miss this recipe that gives its best with fresh lobster, but can also be adapted to frozen crabs or lobster parts. This can be a quite expensive dish, but it is worth a try for a special occasion, like a birthday dinner or New Year’s Eve.
Though very simple, this recipe can be tricky: lobsters can’t be overcooked or the cooking process will completely ruin their flavor and texture! So, be careful: if you are not sure about the exact timing of your Instant Pot, cook the lobster for a short time, check and continue cooking just as needed.
- 6 lobster tails
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of white pepper
- Cut your lobster tails in half (if needed).
- Pour water into your Instant Pot, then place the trivet correctly.
- Place your lobster tails onto the trivet (shell down). If your Instant Pot is not big enough, you can cook 3 tails, then the other ones later.
- Cook at low pressure for 3 minutes (4 if you use frozen seafood).
- In the meantime, melt butter in a saucepan and add garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to obtain a sauce.
- Quickly release the steam and serve your lobster tails topped with the prepared butter sauce and lemon wedges to taste.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!