Tender and juicy lobster tails topped with a smooth and delicate butter sauce are just 10 minutes away! If you love seafood, you can’t miss this recipe that gives its best with fresh lobster, but can also be adapted to frozen crabs or lobster parts. This can be a quite expensive dish, but it is worth a try for a special occasion, like a birthday dinner or New Year’s Eve.
Though very simple, this recipe can be tricky: lobsters can’t be overcooked or the cooking process will completely ruin their flavor and texture! So, be careful: if you are not sure about the exact timing of your Instant Pot, cook the lobster for a short time, check and continue cooking just as needed.
- 6 lobster tails
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of white pepper
- Cut your lobster tails in half (if needed).
- Pour water in the Instant Pot and place the trivet.
- Place the lobster tails onto the trivet (shell down). If your Instant Pot is not big enough, you can cook in batches.
- Cook at low pressure for 3 minutes or 4 if your lobster is frozen.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a saucepan and add garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to obtain a sauce.
- When cooking time is over, do a quick pressure release and serve the lobster tails topped with the prepared butter sauce and lemon wedges to taste.