An authentic and traditional Vietnamese breakfast recipe… Making this rice porridge in an Instant Pot is really perfect for busy mornings.
- ¾ cup rice rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 lb fish bones scrubbed,rinsed and drained
- 1 shallot halved
- 1 (1/2- inch) piece fresh ginger sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- as required salt
- 6 cup boiling water
- as required Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb grouper fillet cut into ½-inch thick pieces
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- In the pot of Instant Pot, place all the ingredients except the fish fillets and cilantro.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Select “Porridge” and just use the default time of 20 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Meanwhile, Sprinkle the fish pieces with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Carefully, remove the lid and select “Sauté”.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the fish bones.
- Add the fish pieces and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and serve hot with the garnishing of cilantro.
Calories: 239kcal Carbohydrates: 29g Protein: 25g Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 1g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 42mg Sodium: 416mg Potassium: 633mg Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Vitamin A: 176IU Vitamin C: 1mg Calcium: 45mg Iron: 1mg
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.