Eggplant Caponata is a traditional Italian summer dish which is typical of Sicily and Southern Regions in general.
It is made with eggplants and tomatoes and it can be served both as a side dish or an appetizer, together with some bread or on crackers. Your pressure cooker will help you to speed up the cooking of vegetables, which usually takes a long time.
- 1 lb eggplants chopped
- 7 oz tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh basil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Place all your ingredients into your Instant Pot.
- Cook at high pressure for about 8 minutes.
- Quickly release the steam and serve warm or cold, together with some meat, fish or bread.
- Sprinkle with fresh Basil if desired
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks