Eggplant Caponata is a traditional Italian summer dish which is typical of Sicily and Southern regions in general.
This Instant Pot eggplant caponata made with eggplants and tomatoes and is a great option for a light and vegetarian main dish.
The instant Pot will help you to speed up the cooking of the vegetables, which usually takes a long time.
This Instant Pot Eggplant recipe is vegetarian and even vegan friendly.
Just dump all the ingredients, stir well and have a delicious meal in less than 15 minutes.
How to serve?
It can be served both as a side dish or a light meal, together with some bread or on crackers. You can also serve with:
Vegan Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Eggplant Caponata
- 1 lb eggplants chopped
- 7 oz tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh basil to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all your ingredients in your Instant Pot and stir a bit.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Add fresh Basil and salt and pepper to taste and serve 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂