Perfect vegan recipe - Dump all the ingredients, stir well and have a delicious meal in less than 15 minutes.
Eggplant Caponata is a traditional Italian summer dish typical of Sicily and Southern regions in general.
This Instant Pot eggplant caponata is made with eggplants and tomatoes and is an excellent option for a light and vegetarian main dish.
The instant Pot will help you to speed up the cooking of the vegetables, which usually takes a long time.
This Instant Pot Eggplant recipe is vegetarian and even vegan-friendly.
Table of Contents
Do I have to use capers?
If you don't have capers or don't like their taste, feel free to use any capers substitute instead..
How to serve?
It can be served both as a side dish or a light meal, together with some bread or on crackers. You can also serve with:
Vegan Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Eggplant Caponata
- 1 lb eggplants chopped
- 7 oz tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh basil to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all your ingredients in your Instant Pot and stir a bit.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Add fresh Basil and salt and pepper to taste and serve 🙂