Eggplant Caponata is a traditional Italian summer dish which is typical of Sicily and Southern Regions in general.
This Instant Pot eggplant caponata made with eggplants and tomatoes and it can be served both as a side dish or an appetizer, together with some bread or on crackers. Your pressure cooker will help you to speed up the cooking of vegetables, which usually takes a long time.
This Instant Pot Eggplant recipe is vegetarian and even vegan friendly.
Have a delicious dish in less than 15 minutes.
Vegan Instant Pot Recipes
- 1 lb eggplants chopped
- 7 oz tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh basil to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all your ingredients in your Instant Pot and stir a bit.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Add fresh Basil and salt and pepper to taste and serve 🙂