Eggplant Caponata is a traditional Italian summer dish which is typical of Sicily and Southern Regions in general.
This Instant Pot eggplant caponata made with eggplants and tomatoes and it can be served both as a side dish or an appetizer, together with some bread or on crackers. Your pressure cooker will help you to speed up the cooking of vegetables, which usually takes a long time.
This Instant Pot Eggplant recipe is vegetarian and even vegan friendly.
- 1 lb eggplants chopped
- 7 oz tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh basil to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all your ingredients in your Instant Pot and stir a bit.
- Cook at high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and serve. Add fresh Basil and salt and pepper to taste.