Coq Au Vin recipe without instant pot can take hours but Instant Pot is here to be a life savior!
Amazing French cuisine dish. Once you’ll make it everyone will be delighted to have it.
The fragrance of all spices makes it even more delicious.
Infuse all the savory flavors in the best, easy, and quickest way in your Instant Pot.
What is Coq Au Vin?
A typical French recipe with boneless chicken and bacon, juicy mushrooms, and red wine!
Coq Au Vin is a perfect choice for your dinner party or weekend meal.
Which wine should I use?
Either Zinfandel or Burgundy wine works best for this recipe of Coq Au Vin.
Can I skip the wine?
You can substitute the red wine with apple cider vinegar.
How to serve
Coq au Vin can be served best with:
Can I store the leftovers?
Coq Au Vin tastes amazing when reheated as much as it tastes the first day!
Store in a sealed airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer for longer.
Or prepare ahead of time then reheat slowly when ready to serve.
How to make
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
Add in bacon and sauté for 5 minutes and remove the bacon.
Add onion, tomato paste, garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes.
Now add broth, red wine, thyme, chicken, bay leaves, carrots, salt, pepper, and mushrooms.
Close the lid of the instant pot.
Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 15 minutes.
Do a quick release.
Open the lid of the instant pot and select sauté.
Saute for 5 minutes and add in parsley, cooked bacon, and stir well.
Serve and enjoy.
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot Coq Au Vin
- 3 slices bacon chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 carrots diced
- 1 ½ lb boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 ½ cup red wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Select "saute" and add bacon.
- Saute for 5 minutes and remove then the bacon.
- Add onion, tomato paste and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, red wine, thyme, chicken, bay leaves, carrots, salt, pepper and mushrooms.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and select "saute".
- Add parsley and cooked bacon, and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂